Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone else's player's prices getting higher?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I feel I'm a pretty good authority on Yount stuff. Over the last few weeks, his prices seem to be about 30% higher than I am used to. I've gotten some nice stuff anyway, but I see autos that are going for higher than I would have guessed.

Is this, or has this, been noticed by anyone else for your player?

jacobbocce72

Aug 7, 2008
Austin, TX
I am certainly not buying right now... (just started a new job, waiting on a paycheck), but the bagwell stuff on my watch list seems to be ending a tad bit lower than normal (5-10%).

Maybe there is just a run on Yount stuff :)

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
kentuckyderby said:
I was hoping some of the J Mitchell parallels would drop so i could get more but they have been steady

Same On Bobby B stuff, his lower end stuff has dipped, but blues, golds etc are going up. Boooooo

skrip

EricChavezCollector3

Aug 7, 2008
The more premium Chavez stuff has seemed to go up a bit. Mostly the autos and patches. Things that used to sell for $3-$4 are now going for $9-$12. Not a huge increase but still seems like an odd time for a price increase.

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
I am seeing many guys I am interested selling higher. I believe it has to do with holiday ebay gift cards people got, and the ebay bucks that was released on the 9th. People are willing to spend more when they have "free" money

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
usually whenever anyone is in the news their cards go up...not sure why yount's cards would be up 30% from previous year...doesn't make much sense to me?

Of players I track, These cards are all up right now...McGwire, Randy Johnson, Matt Holliday

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Brett Keith said:
There seems to be atleast one new interested party who's willing to spend for Upton stuff, causing me to pay extra or simply lose out.

makes me harken back to the days when you could tell exactly who was buying what so you could see if there was a trend/new buyer.

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
hive17 said:
Brett Keith said:
There seems to be atleast one new interested party who's willing to spend for Upton stuff, causing me to pay extra or simply lose out.

makes me harken back to the days when you could tell exactly who was buying what so you could see if there was a trend/new buyer.

Well, you can still see who wins an item if you've bid on it. I know I've seen a specific buyer bidding on and sometimes outbidding me on items, can't remember if I've looked to see who it was. By the way, did you win the Yount Red?

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Brett Keith said:
hive17 said:
[quote="Brett Keith":zwm02nqs]There seems to be atleast one new interested party who's willing to spend for Upton stuff, causing me to pay extra or simply lose out.

Well, you can still see who wins an item if you've bid on it. I know I've seen a specific buyer bidding on and sometimes outbidding me on items, can't remember if I've looked to see who it was. By the way, did you win the Yount Red?[/quote:zwm02nqs]

I TOTALLY won the red. Thanks again for pointing that out.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
I haven't picked up anything new lately, but Porcello prices were steadily rising for the first couple months after the season on certain things. Now the market seems to be flooded a bit with a bunch of stuff in new products, but I think it's a combination of people seeing potential for growth in coming seasons and other people deciding that they like him enough to collect him.

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
Of my guys... Murray is holding steady, Erstad is down some, Bucky... well, he doesn't sell :lol: and Clark is about the same.

Members online

Latest posts