Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How low will it go? 09 Bowman Sterling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hawkfandan

Aug 7, 2008
4600 North Chicago, IL
Re: How low will it go?

I know I'm in the minority here, but I really like the look of this year's Sterling, especially the Gold autos. If it gets any lower, I'm going to have to pick some up. For now, I'll stick to singles.

shephech

Aug 18, 2008
Oh Canada......

Great Dealz Rob said:
[quote="excel_B":1mna6t4o]I have not bought a pack yet. And never will...

+1[/quote:1mna6t4o]

Might as well make that +2..... I have no interest in it this year.

Shep :ugeek:

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston

hawkfandan said:
I know I'm in the minority here, but I really like the look of this year's Sterling, especially the Gold autos. If it gets any lower, I'm going to have to pick some up. For now, I'll stick to singles.

The blacks, golds, and reds look good. But the base and base refractors are awful, and that is mostly what you are going to pull

THECARDFATHER

Dec 27, 2009

I broke a case (4 box mini case) and got back $285 on ebay for my $880 investment.
Im done.

May 28, 2009
I bought one box for $245. Pulled a gold Ref. base, Black ref jersey and and a few good autos. Matzek , Beckham. Sold all on ebay got back $129. So from a better than average break i lost $116 .

archiebunkerjr

Dec 11, 2008

moxacaine said:
I wouldnt touch it at $150 a box. BDP>Sterling

You are more generous than me. I will consider Bowman Sterling at $100. And in a few months, that price will be bad with 2010 Bowman, 2009 EEE and 2009 BDP.

Let's face it. 09 Bowman Sterling is a big raspberry.

bmc398

May 25, 2009
It will bounce back a bit when one of the prospects hits it big. So it will tank to about $150 and rise to about $200 when somebody hits it big. Its not like this stuff is terrible...its just the resale isn't there.

ozzie's translator

Aug 10, 2008
U.S. Cellular field
I had a blast busting a couple boxes of Sterling last year, plus some team breaks. There's nothing like busting out Gem auto's....if the checklist doesn't suck! I love the quality and the look of Sterling, they look great in hand.
Because of the checklist, I bought 4 packs for 175 instead of 4 boxes I wanted to buy. I got....

Beckham auto
Beckham/Posey auto
Viciedo Ref auto redemption
Justin Greene plate
Leake auto
Schlereth,
Ryu ref jsy

I'm done and hoping there is some Elite at the show this weekend :cool:

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City
bmc398 said:
It will bounce back a bit when one of the prospects hits it big. So it will tank to about $150 and rise to about $200 when somebody hits it big. Its not like this stuff is terrible...its just the resale isn't there.

If the resale isn't there, using my definition it is horrible.

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
I bought a pack on Saturday and all I can say is it was the biggest waste of $45 dollars.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
I just busted a box

And I love that I pulled a buttload of refractors, and nice shiney pretty stuff. They jammed it full of parallels because of the slow orders. And I love how how the cards look.

hernandez.jpg

but is it a good value? absolutely not.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts