Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Price comparison - Topps Series 1 vs Series 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jswaykos

Dec 10, 2009
San Diego, CA
I wasn't into collating sets at the time, but was '09 Series 2 Topps flagship the same price as Series 1 at time of release? There's a fairly significant price difference now, just wondering if it was always like that or not. Time to start putting pennies aside... thanks!

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Yes, and this often happens - and not just with Topps!

jswaykos said:
I wasn't into collating sets at the time, but was '09 Series 2 Topps flagship the same price as Series 1 at time of release? There's a fairly significant price difference now, just wondering if it was always like that or not. Time to start putting pennies aside... thanks!

jswaykos

Dec 10, 2009
San Diego, CA
Cool, thanks. Obviously, prices fluctuate, I was just wondering if there was any specific reason Series 1 is now more than series 2 or if it's just a supply/demand issue now.

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
jswaykos said:
Cool, thanks. Obviously, prices fluctuate, I was just wondering if there was any specific reason Series 1 is now more than series 2 or if it's just a supply/demand issue now.

Sometimes it depends on the inserts also or what hit/rcs were in Series 1 vs Series 2. Take 1999 Bowman Chrome...Series 1 can be had for $19/box where Series 2 can be had for $65...and this is 11 years after release!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts