Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anybody still love Nomar?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
He was my favorite player while he was with the Sox and I still collect him. My full collection is in my bucket and I've got probably 500 base/inserts/ect not scanned.
Anybody else have a Nomar collection?

These are a few of my favorites

nomar038.jpg

nomarshowcaseauto001.jpg

nomarshowcase.jpg

finitenomarsig.jpg

nomarball.jpg

nomahhhhh.jpg

CC4F70927CFA47B681340BBB816861FB.jpg

cleanupcrew.jpg

williamsnomar.jpg

dualnomardoerr.jpg

multi008.jpg

Show off whatever you've got!

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
rebelpawn said:
He was my favorite player while he was with the Sox and I still collect him.

Nice collection! I don't collect Nomar, but respect the heck outta the guy. Wish he could've stayed healthier. I loved seeing him backhand stab a ball and fire a missile to first.

A Nomar collector a few years ago claimed he had a card that listed Vizquel in the text on the back. Something perhaps like "Along with Vizquel, Garciaparra's defense yadda yadda yadda....." But when I expressed interest, he refused to tell me what the card was. He didn't want to "ruin" the fun of figuring it out. Not funny. As a hardcore player collector, I love cards like this.

If you ever happen to notice one, I'd sure appreciate the heads-up!

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
Great cards you got there. I was always a fan of his though sometimes it'd drive me nuts watching him step in and out of the box and doing that glove thing before every pitch.

Here's my only nomar

2001SweetSpotBaseTrios50made.jpg

connerusmc86

Dec 16, 2008
Jacksonville,NC
Very nice Nomar's, I have a question about a specific Nomar card as well..I have been searching for 7 years now for the 2002 fleer genuine Names of the Game jersey card of Nomar, I'm not even sure it exists as its a SP with announced print run of 70 copies i believe..didn't know if you had one or have ever even seen one, thanks and again very nice collection..

CAROLINA BOSOX

Aug 12, 2008
Goose Creek, SC
Nice Nomars. I liked him from the day Boston drafted him out of Ga Tech. I remember seeing him play in the CWS and thinking we got a good one.
th_nom.jpg

I also have a Big Stix black bat autographed. :D

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
connerusmc86 said:
Very nice Nomar's, I have a question about a specific Nomar card as well..I have been searching for 7 years now for the 2002 fleer genuine Names of the Game jersey card of Nomar, I'm not even sure it exists as its a SP with announced print run of 70 copies i believe..didn't know if you had one or have ever even seen one, thanks and again very nice collection..

Thanks. I was thinking about that card and I can say I've never seen one either. If it had been made you think there would have been one by now, especially after the Fleer bankruptcy. I'll keep an eye out though. Good luck!

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
I still have a great amount of respect for Nomar. When he was with the Cubs I was doing minor league media in West Tennessee. Nomar was sent to west Tennessee for rehab and I got to interview him and observe him during his stay. Very professional and great to the guys on the team.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
sweet Nomar's. I have always been a huge fan of his and I too just wish he could've stayed healthy.

here is my only Nomar (I really need to get an auto)...

2004FleerPlatinumNameplatesPlayer.jpg

Members online

Latest posts