Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Dusty Baker Destroys Aroldis Chapman's Arm .............

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
Dusty Baker Destroys Aroldis Chapman's Arm Within Minutes Of Arrival

CINCINNATI—Within just a few minutes of Cuban pitcher Aroldis Chapman's arrival in the United States, Reds manager Dusty Baker had already overused and mangled the 21-year-old's arm beyond recognition, team sources reported Sunday. Baker, who has been accused of overtaxing young pitchers' arms in the past, reportedly greeted Chapman with a bucket of 250 baseballs and told him to "hurl them" as fast as he could, later encouraging the fastballer to "go nuts" with his pitching style. "He didn't even let me stretch out first," Chapman told reporters through an interpreter. "And when I started to wince from the pain and soreness, he just gave me a thumbs up, winked, and told me to keep throwing." At press time, Chapman had already been to the hospital for an oblique strain, a torn rotator cuff, and his second Tommy John surgery of the week.

:lol:

Gotta love The Onion.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
If all goes as planned, he'll start in Zebulon at AA ball, Baker will be fired mid-season after losing for in a row to the Pirates.

Chapman will then be the PTBN in a deal to bring in the poor hitting Larry Giles - the lesser known Giles brother. Known for his staggering forearms, Giles comes from an arm-wrestling background and walloped 3 home runs in parts of four Independent League seasons, most recently in the the Long Beach Armada of the Golden Baseball League.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts