Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Can anyone provide insight about items on this website?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
Myself personally wouldn't touch anything thats 1000$ + and they wont provide a nice scan on the autograph. One would think them being "forensic document examiners" they would provide a decent scan. RUN

xcantgobackx

Aug 20, 2008
Jersey Shore
chashawk said:
Never heard of them before, but it seems like that Maris photo is the only item on the entire site that doesn't have a larger scan available.

Yeah. It also seems most of the others have a Tristar authentication except for this one.

sportscollectible

Jan 19, 2010
Indiana
Thanks for asking.

I am the owner of that site and all the collectibles are authentic. I am an approved vendor for TriStar, UpperDeck and also sell via my suppliers, Steiner, PDA, MLB, and various smaller authenticators. All the products include a Certificate of Authenticity and a serialized hologram. In some cases like UDA, MLB and Mounted Memories, their serialized hologram serves as their COA and can be verified on their site once you receive the serialized hologram.

As for the images, why some are different. All of my products are shipped directly from the authenticator or my supplier. Therefore I am furnished the images from each supplier. In some case every photograph will not magnify like others do.

I have been selling sports memorabilia online since 2005, on Amazon, ebay and various websites.

All of my products are 100% guaranteed and the authenticity is guaranteed for a lifetime.

Thanks for your interest. Feel free to email me with any questions you might have.

Steve Floyd
(812) 381-1028

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
sportscollectible said:
Thanks for asking.

I am the owner of that site and all the collectibles are authentic. I am an approved vendor for TriStar, UpperDeck and also sell via my suppliers, Steiner, PDA, MLB, and various smaller authenticators. All the products include a Certificate of Authenticity and a serialized hologram. In some cases like UDA, MLB and Mounted Memories, their serialized hologram serves as their COA and can be verified on their site once you receive the serialized hologram.

As for the images, why some are different. All of my products are shipped directly from the authenticator or my supplier. Therefore I am furnished the images from each supplier. In some case every photograph will not magnify like others do.

I have been selling sports memorabilia online since 2005, on Amazon, ebay and various websites.

All of my products are 100% guaranteed and the authenticity is guaranteed for a lifetime.

Thanks for your interest. Feel free to email me with any questions you might have.

Steve Floyd
(812) 381-1028

Who authenticated that maris? And how did you find this topic the day it was created? Was this topic a set up? :lol:

sportscollectible

Jan 19, 2010
Indiana
The authenticator is Athletic Promotional Events, Inc out of NJ. They have been authenticating memorabilia since 1995.

I found this topic link via my traffic reports to my site.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
sportscollectible said:
The authenticator is Athletic Promotional Events, Inc out of NJ. They have been authenticating memorabilia since 1995.

I found this topic link via my traffic reports to my site.

from your site

COA from Authentic Autographs Unlimited who is licensed as forensic document examiners

And not to rain on your parade how does a promoter authenticate and forget to mention this on their site? Not accusing just an honest question.

From their site

Athletic Promotional Events, Inc. was started with one main idea...

If we witness the signing
of everything we sell then
100% of our items are
guaranteed authentic.

Maris passed away in 85. Once again not accusing just saying, if you are in the autograph business you understand the skepticism due to idiots who mucked up everything. So whats the deal? Can we see a nice scan of it?

xcantgobackx

Aug 20, 2008
Jersey Shore
Valid question about the Maris, which is the only one I'm interested in. This is an expensive item, and while it's not my money, the guy looking to buy it signs my paycheck. So Im sure you can see my concern. Make me feel the item is authentic, and you probably have a nice chunk of change for yourself from that.

Athletic Promotional Events, Inc. was started with one main idea...

If we witness the signing
of everything we sell then
100% of our items are
guaranteed authentic.

Maris passed away in 85. Once again not accusing just saying, if you are in the autograph business you understand the skepticism due to idiots who mucked up everything. So whats the deal? Can we see a nice scan of it?[/quote]

sportscollectible

Jan 19, 2010
Indiana
I can assure you that everything on my site is guaranteed to be authentic. In the 5 years I have been selling online, I have never had an item returned due to a fake. I understand that fakes in the memorabilia field are HUGE, around 70%.

For the person asking for a scan of the autograph....as I have explained before, all of my products are shipped from my suppliers and/or the authenticator....so it is not possible for me to scan the signature.

If there is any doubt after you make the purchase, a company called psa/dna can authenticate that piece.

Like all of my products, on every site that I own, we have a 100% money back guarantee on what we sell.

Email me if you have any questions, as I do not visit this forum on a daily basis.

sportscollectible

Jan 19, 2010
Indiana
The image has been fixed so if you click on the image it will now magnify so you can see the signature clearly.

I didn't realize until tonight, 21st, that the image was not increasing in size once you clicked on it.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
sportscollectible said:
The image has been fixed so if you click on the image it will now magnify so you can see the signature clearly.

I didn't realize until tonight, 21st, that the image was not increasing in size once you clicked on it.
Umm...
chashawk said:
Never heard of them before, but it seems like that Maris photo is the only item on the entire site that doesn't have a larger scan available.

sportscollectible said:
Thanks for asking.

As for the images, why some are different. All of my products are shipped directly from the authenticator or my supplier. Therefore I am furnished the images from each supplier. In some case every photograph will not magnify like others do

sportscollectible

Jan 19, 2010
Indiana
"In some case every photograph will not magnify like others do".

True statement.

We bulk load all the inventory and images and with over 4,000 we do not check each individual item. We usually catch them either by questions from customers or from our own searches.

It does not happen often that an image file is loaded and ends up corrupted but Im sure their might be others that haven't been found yet.

So if chashawk says it's "the only item on the entire site that doesn't have a larger scan available"......I tell him Thank You for looking at all 4,000 items.....although our traffic reports show he did not... :D

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
sportscollectible said:
"In some case every photograph will not magnify like others do".

True statement.

We bulk load all the inventory and images and with over 4,000 we do not check each individual item. We usually catch them either by questions from customers or from our own searches.

It does not happen often that an image file is loaded and ends up corrupted but Im sure their might be others that haven't been found yet.

So if chashawk says it's "the only item on the entire site that doesn't have a larger scan available"......I tell him Thank You for looking at all 4,000 items.....although our traffic reports show he did not... :D
No, he did not. He said seems like. But I can guarantee you that now he def. won't.

Way to endear yourself to a potential customer base there chief. :benson:

Members online