Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What Happened to Brandon Jones - Former Brave Prospect

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
What happened to this guy? He just got released from the Braves.

Former Big Time prospect and expected CF of the future. I know there were some people that had stacks of Blue REfs of this guy.

Is there any back story?

2006 #8 prospect
2007 #4 prospect
2008 #4 prospect in front of Hanson and Teheran

Interesting

skrip

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
From what I see in Transaction details, nothing's wrong with him.

He was designated for assignment because they had to make room for Hinske and which I would assume he was out of options and Pittsburgh claimed him.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Maybe, i worded it poorly. I understand he got released, and why he was released/put on waivers.

What happened to the rise of a promising future center fielder? I thought a Braves fan might have some better info.

skrip

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
He just lost the numbers game. Braves have Blanco, Schafer, Heyward, McClouth, Hinske ,Melky, and Diaz all competing for playing time in ST. Don't feel sorry for Brandon. He is in a perfect situation.

craftysouthpaw

Jan 8, 2010
He just didn't develop the way they had hoped, particularly in the power department. I am a season ticket holder at Gwinnett and while he made good contact and showed decent plate discipline, it just doesn't look like the bat will play at a corner OF position (he hasn't been considered a CF for awhile now).

He is 26 so there isn't much room for projection at this point. His ceiling is probably a 4th OF and those are pretty fungible.

abravesfan

Aug 10, 2008
AA wall, toolsy guy who had put together good numbers moving up but just didn't seem to translate once he got to AAA, and that meant the Braves didn't end up giving him much of a chance. I thought he was going to be a servicable major league outfielder, I agree he really fell off the map.

subject to change

Aug 7, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
For those interested, rumor is that Jones will not be staying in Pittsburgh for long. He could be part of a trade in the next few days when the Pirates need to clear a 40-man spot for Dotel.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts