Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Some buyers beat all...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommyfro21

Aug 8, 2008
I sold a bunch of my 2008 BDP last week and had 30+ auctions going. As soon as people paid, I shipped out the next morning. I had noticed when people were leaving feedback for me today when I was checking my account.

I noticed one guy who had been NARU'd after paying for my item apparently left me feedback. But I also noticed the guy for some reason knocked me on my ratings. I had a 4.9 on shipping as of today and after his feedback, I was at 4.7!

From the time he paid to when he got the card was 3 days total. I can't figure some people out...

I figured I had nothing to lose so I have emailed the guy asking why the low ratings. He marked me low on shipping too, which was $3.

And by the way, he bought a 99 cent card. I am blocking him from ever buying from me again tonight.

Vent over...

caseya10781

Aug 7, 2008
Tennessee
I know what you mean. I had a few knocks before on shipping price and I only charge 2.50 (more if the card is more expensive and I use a thick holder). Its impossible to get 5's on that, even if you ship next day and the have the card in 3, some people are just never happy.

tommyfro21

Aug 8, 2008
caseya10781 said:
I know what you mean. I had a few knocks before on shipping price and I only charge 2.50 (more if the card is more expensive and I use a thick holder). Its impossible to get 5's on that, even if you ship next day and the have the card in 3, some people are just never happy.

In the end, I am sure I can bring it up due to the amount of sales I have right now. Just can't figure out the guy's reasoning. Kind of like how some people offer free shipping and still can't give 5's. It's a joke.

yanksfan4eva

Nov 11, 2008
i actually ran free shipping for a month and a half and my "SHIPPING CHARGES" rating actually went down from a 4.8 to 4.7 :?

cowboysrule48

Aug 7, 2008
Orlando, FL
The joke is in the DSR itself. Ebay penalizes sellers for something under 4.3? It's somewhere around there, yet they tell buyers a four is above average service/reasonable shipping charges. Anytime someone doesn't give you all 5's it hurts, which is a joke.

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
The KEY IS...WHO CARES.

There a ton of idiots on ebay...and buying or selling...one dip____ per a ton of good buyers or sellers means that the idiot doesn't matter.

Old Kentucky Shark

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas
Adamsince1981 said:
The KEY IS...WHO CARES.

There a ton of idiots on ebay...and buying or selling...one dip____ per a ton of good buyers or sellers means that the idiot doesn't matter.

But one idiot can matter. A buddy of mine who sells 4 or 5 items a week got hit with an idiot who left him zero stars for shipping time after waiting a whole week from the time he paid to the time he received his card.

His shipping time DSR dropped below a 4.3 and he was suspended from selling for 30 days.

The DSR system is COMPLETELY flawed.

tommyfro21

Aug 8, 2008
Old Kentucky Shark said:
Adamsince1981 said:
The KEY IS...WHO CARES.

But one idiot can matter. A buddy of mine who sells 4 or 5 items a week got hit with an idiot who left him zero stars for shipping time after waiting a whole week from the time he paid to the time he received his card.

His shipping time DSR dropped below a 4.3 and he was suspended from selling for 30 days.

Thank you....

Pete14Rose

Aug 13, 2008
Virginia
cowboysrule48 said:
The joke is in the DSR itself. Ebay penalizes sellers for something under 4.3? It's somewhere around there, yet they tell buyers a four is above average service/reasonable shipping charges. Anytime someone doesn't give you all 5's it hurts, which is a joke.

Ebays new policies are why I stopped selling all together. Sucks not to have the extra income...but I do spend a ton more time with my children....so Thanks Ebay! :)

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
tommyfro21 said:
Old Kentucky Shark said:
Adamsince1981 said:
The KEY IS...WHO CARES.

Thank you....

My what ever the heck you are talking about is low due to my case+ bust last year of BDP...I charged 4.99 per player lot...I've never been warned or seen my cards go for less than they should...

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
I try not to stress out over eBay anymore... I used to get so pissed off at all the fee hikes, feedback changes and site changes. It gets to be too much, so now I just go with the flow and adjust accordingly. I find it to be the best way to buy and sell cards and anything else for that matter. It is what it is, and there is nothing we can do about it...

tommyfro21

Aug 8, 2008
sportscardtheory said:
I try not to stress out over eBay anymore... I used to get so pissed off at all the fee hikes, feedback changes and site changes. It gets to be too much, so now I just go with the flow and adjust accordingly. I find it to be the best way to buy and sell cards and anything else for that matter. It is what it is, and there is nothing we can do about it...

By the way, I like your sig (or your non-sig).

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
tommyfro21 said:
sportscardtheory said:

By the way, I like your sig (or your non-sig).

Lol... thanks. It's more like me not having the computer savvy to come up with anything interesting... maybe some day.

Members online

Latest posts