Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Imagine my surprise...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
So I recently won a couple of lots in a live auction, and they arrived at my door today. I was really happy to win 3 lots total. I picked up a complete set of the 2004 Topps Heritage Grandstand Glory set, including the Willie Mays which is short printed to 50. I also picked up a lot of 10 random autos. The third lot I won I had mistakenly believed to be a huge lot (about 3000) of 2002 Topps Heritage cards, including about 50 chromes.

Imagine my surprise when I found out that I had instead won the lot of 2003 Bowman Chrome cards. For about the price of one hobby box, I received an almost complete set of 2003 Bowman Chrome, including autos. It is short one or two autos I believe, but the Hanley, Youkilis, and McCann were all included. I had thrown a lowball bid in an I somehow won it. It's sort of a blessing in disguise, since I already have pretty much everything from 2002 Heritage, and these 2003 Bowman Chromes are now tradebait I guess. The crazy thing is that EVERY card is in a brand new penny sleeve and toploader. There are also around 100 refractors and xfractors, but no huge rookies.

I will put some pics up tomorrow when photobucket is back up, but I have no idea what to do with all of these cards. I guess I will either try to trade or sell the set as a lot. It is a pretty intimidating amount of cards, but pretty happy to pick up everything for less than what the Hanley usually sells for. Incidentally, the Hanley looks pretty damn nice, and it will probably be my first ever BGS submission.

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
Nope, I actually got what I was supposed to receive. I had just mixed up the item numbers that I thought I had won and was expecting something else. I'm definitely happy though!