Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

GDT: Capitals @ Penguins 1-21-10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
I know the game isn't until tomorrow but I am so excited that this game is finally being played. I don't understand why the NHL waited until January for a Caps Pens game.

the Caps have won 4 games in a row and lead the Eastern Conference with 68 pts.

the Pens have won 4 of 6 and are 4th in the Eastern Conference with 63 pts.

Crosby comes into the game with 32 goals (tied with his total for last season) and 31 assists and is a plus 12.

Ovechkin has 30 goals and 35 assists and is plus 27.

Brent Johnson should be in goal for the Pens taking on his former team. hopefully he remembers some things from all the practices and can shutdown the Caps offense.

it looks like NHL.com is just as excited for the game as I am

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=514319

oh yeah and the best part I will be there :D

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
crapitals.jpg

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
pghbuccos said:
G $MONEY$ said:
pghbuccos said:
Crosby comes into the game with 32 goals (tied with his career high)

???

::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm::

I meant tied with last years total.

ahhhh gotcha ;) Me and my brother where actually just talking about this last night, how Crosby is scoring so many goals and being at the top 2 or 3 in goals for most of the year. I was surprised to see that Crosby has never scored 40 goals (I must have known that, just forgotten though). Actually he has never scored more than 39, which he did back as a rookie. That kind of surprised me. He should get close to 50 this year though.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
I am not sure why Sid is scoring more goals this year but I like it. this is the first time he has had more goals than assists.

adamcm

Aug 7, 2008
I can't believe this game is not on TSN! Arg! Going to have to watch this from the laptop.

Someone on TSN's website (from the Pens vs Caps preview article) left a comment that made me laugh: almost as good as Kessell vs Plekanec :lol:

jeff550

May 5, 2009
burke
Terry said:
pghbuccos said:
the Pens played awfully flat and Johnson wasn't very sharp.

I felt a little bit of guilt every time the Caps scored. I hated root against Johnny. :(
same, it was hard seeing the penguin logo on his jersey.

but Lets go CAPS. im goin to the game on Saturday to see my 2 favorite teams play

Members online