Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Adam LaRoche Mailday of a Lifetime! Scan HEAVY.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jay1065

Aug 7, 2008
Lowell, MA
Came home from a long day of work yesterday to an amazing mailday, including a new cornerstone for the LaRoche collection (at the end.) Here are the goods:

2006:
06_ud_fx_1.jpg
06_ud_fx_3.jpg

2007:

07_sweet_spot_15.jpg

2008:
08_topps_9.jpg
08_ud_prem_7.jpg

2009:
09_spx_3.jpg

Pair of ticket stubs:
ticket_stub_8_27_2008.jpg

GU/Auto Batting Gloves:
batting_glove_1.jpg

batting_glove_2.jpg

...and the new cornerstone:

July 29, 2009 Oakland @ Boston GU Cracked Bat (with MLB Authentic Holo and Steiner Holo/COA):
1_full.jpg

2_name_plate.jpg

I am super excited to land this bat. Adam played in only 6 games (19 AB!) with the Red Sox in 2009, so I would assume gamers from his days with them are very rare. The bat is loaded with ball marks, pine tar, a couple of cracks, taped knob, and a 25 modified to 23 (Pirates to Sox number change) on the knob.

Thanks for looking, and sorry for the big scans. More pics of the bat can be found in my bucket (link in sig.)

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Awesome stuff! I actually like the gloves more! Hope he can put it all together this year

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
Anytime you can score a Game-Used item of your player, that's a huge win! Love the bat. Congrats.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
Impressive!! :)

That SPX patch/auto is a very sharp looking card but that GU bat takes the cake!! (Nothin beats a GU'ed bat for the collection!)

Very nice mailday, Jay....looking forward to your future LaRoche additions!

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008
Now that's a bat with character! I bet it was in his bat bag in Pittsburgh, then brought it with him to Boston. The only way that could be more unique is if you got it signed with a silver sharpie.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Awesome stuff!

If he has anything here in Phoenix like that bat or gloves for sale, i'll keep you in mind!

jay1065

Aug 7, 2008
Lowell, MA
Thanks for the comments, everyone!

69MetsFan said:
Wow, very nice stuff! I was thinking the batting gloves were the center piece until I saw the bat.
Brewer Andy said:
Awesome stuff! I actually like the gloves more! Hope he can put it all together this year

Its definitely a close race between the two. I purchased the bat one day after the gloves. Before that, I figured the gloves would be #1.

scotty21690 said:
That SPX patch/auto is a very sharp looking card but that GU bat takes the cake!! (Nothin beats a GU'ed bat for the collection!)

Thanks, Scott! With this bat, I know have two (the other is from 2005.) I'd love to find one from his rookie season ('04.)

mrwhitesox30 said:
The only way that could be more unique is if you got it signed with a silver sharpie.

That would be amazing!

HPC said:
If he has anything here in Phoenix like that bat or gloves for sale, i'll keep you in mind!

Thanks, HPC. I appreciate it!

On a side note, I also registered the domain adamlarochecollector.com . Coming soon. :)

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
That bat is awesome. Love the use on it and all the tar. Have you looked at MLB.TV at his SOX games for possible screen shots from the game, or games before it. Some guys on guu site can do that pretty well. Nothing like a nice game used full piece from a legit source.

jay1065

Aug 7, 2008
Lowell, MA
matchpenalty said:
That bat is awesome. Love the use on it and all the tar. Have you looked at MLB.TV at his SOX games for possible screen shots from the game, or games before it. Some guys on guu site can do that pretty well. Nothing like a nice game used full piece from a legit source.

Great idea. I'll take a look today and post pics if I have any luck.

jay1065

Aug 7, 2008
Lowell, MA
matchpenalty said:

Found a pic of the bat in use from the exact game stated by the MLB Authentic serial # (image courtesy of gettyimages.com):

July 29, 2009 - Oakland @ Boston:
9_bat_in_use.jpg

Pine tar/dirt by the Louisville Slugger logo:

4_brand.jpg

Dirt/tar/ball marks near TPX logo and Logoman:

3_logoman.jpg

Heavy tar/dirt at the handle base:

5_handle.jpg

Members online

Latest posts