Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My Review of 09 Elite Extra Edition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
I am like a kid in a candy store when it comes to draft type products like Bowman Draft and Elite Extra Edition. While 2007 was better than 08 to me, 2009 EEE left me with a great feeling and alot of room for growth. I like the base card design as it was consistent with previous years and is a crisp clean design overall. The inserts this year were a tad overdone but the parallels add a nice "added value" to the product as a whole.

This year, hitting an average of 6 game used or autos per box is a definite plus. The on box stated odds are 4 but many collectors have been pleasantly surprised with two additional hits. There are randomly packed HOT BOXES that will drop 10 autos/game used cards per. Thats always nice to hit one of those.

The autographed lineup this year is pretty solid to say the least. Panini did a great job getting some of the top players to autograph their cards ON CARD. Players such as Dustin Ackley, Donovan Tate, Slade Heathcott, and Jared Mitchell all signed on card graphs. Collectors love on card and Panini delivered! The parallels are once again a great hit and the Aspirations and Status parallels are good looking! Panini also went retro and got some game used and autographed cards of legends and retired stars such as Don Mattingly, Nolan Ryan, Will Clark, Reggie Jackson, and Wade Boggs. Panini also signed a contract with All Time Hit King Pete Rose so that they could include game used cards and autographs. Thats a nice touch. Additionally, the Private Signings insert set adds an unexpectedly nice touch to the product. Oh yeah, and lets not forget the hard to find autos of some kid from St. Louis with the last name Pujols. The Elite Series insert set features a handful of autographs of Cardinals MVP slugger Albert Pujols! WOW!

Overall, after I sorted my cards, I feel like Panini hit one out of the park. From the base design to the added value that they put in each box, collectors can't go wrong with picking up a few boxes, packs, or singles. The autographs are nice and the chance to land one of the big named rookies is a great reason to jump on the EEE bandwagon and go for broke. I look forward to hearing what all of you have to say about this product and I hope your boxes and packs yield some great surprises! I give this product 4.5 out of 5 Fatman Forks!

Highlights from my break:

Buster Posey Throwback Threads jsy /149
Max Stassi Auto
Randal Grichuk Auto
Grant Green ON CARD Auto
Tommy Mendonca ON CARD Auto
Mychal Givens Auto redemption
Brett Jackson/Jeff Kobernus dual Auto
Bobby Borchering Auto
Mike Minor Gold Status Diecut

Not too shabby

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
WOW, not too shabby at all! What was the Minor Gold Status Auto #d to (50 or 25)? Also how many boxes did you bust?

Great stuff with the review! "Fatman Forks is CLASSIC"! :D

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
The Minor wasn't an auto. It was just a base diecut to 50. I opened 3 boxes total and some loose packs thrown in. Oh yeah, I did hit two really nice cards I forgot to mention last night.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts