Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone else notice the sheer lack of Sterling being ripped?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

baseballguy350

Dec 7, 2008
Boston, MA / Longboat Key, FL
I had set aside some funds to target someone in Sterling, and the lack of cards up on ebay is amazing. I know Sterling is weak, but I can actually count on one hand the number of refractors or better have popped up of certain players.

Anyone else noticing this?

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
What player?

I opened 2 boxes, and had the card shop I go to sell the WBC Jersey cards and a Beckham auto..

I normally just put the cards away unless there is a hot card that I will list..

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
To me, there seems to be a lack of everything getting ripped aside from Topps Tribute.

I think the mfgrs are shooting themselves in the foot by releasing SO MANY products so early in the year
when most people are still trying to recover from holiday debt. There are 5 or 6 products coming out in the
next few weeks. Most people can't afford to buy everything. Especially an over-priced set like Sterling.

colts1888

Aug 28, 2008
NY
a pack is like 225 or something crazy and unless you pull beckham your not going to get anywhere near your money back. Unless w/ draft and now elite you can easily make your money back

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
colts1888 said:
a pack is like 225 or something crazy

Boxes are usually between $225-$275 here, with packs ranging from $40 to $50.

That's why I never opened.

Spend $225 to get 7 prospect autos which sell for around $5 each

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
+100

Manufacturers are releasing so many products now, even though its the offseason. From a collector's perspective I wish they'd cut out, or even better yet, combine some of these products.

chashawk said:
To me, there seems to be a lack of everything getting ripped aside from Topps Tribute.

I think the mfgrs are shooting themselves in the foot by releasing SO MANY products so early in the year
when most people are still trying to recover from holiday debt. There are 5 or 6 products coming out in the
next few weeks. Most people can't afford to buy everything. Especially an over-priced set like Sterling.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
I'm willing to bet the timing of its release played a part. If it hadn't come out just before EEE, it likely would have done better.

If it were up to me, BDP would have released in late November and Sterling is mid/late December.

Jul 30, 2009
This last year Ive grown to understand that Topps either doesnt get it or just doesnt care.

Its probably a combo of both.

They know BS singles sell for less than BC yet for some reason, theres only a couple of exclusive autos in BS. The lack of the top three DP's hurts big also.

On top of that, youre basically guranteed six worthless "premium" cards per box with the WBC jerseys. Gone are the 2-3 Futures Game auto jerseys.

Members online

Latest posts