Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

First Elite Pujols sells for $555.55

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

[ebay:30ah62so]190367594938[/ebay:30ah62so]

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
That's not a bad sign for Upper Deck, who will be selling many unlicensed autographs in their upcoming BB products.

Impressive sale, but i really doubt they maintain that level- they will probably settle down to half or less that amount eventually.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Exceptional looking card, IMO. On card auto makes it even more appealing, and only numbered to 20. I would have expected it to go for less, but I'm not surprised by this sale.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
One question about that photo- was Pujols really that big in high school, or did Panini have him put on his a replica high school uni (in XXXL size of course) and take the photo recently? He either hasn't aged a bit since 1988, or that is a very recent photo taken of him.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
brouthercard said:
One question about that photo- was Pujols really that big in high school, or did Panini have him put on his a replica high school uni (in XXXL size of course) and take the photo recently? He either hasn't aged a bit since 1988, or that is a very recent photo taken of him.

It is the actual photo from HS. Its one of the only pictures of him in HS available.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
mredsox89 said:
brouthercard said:

It is the actual photo from HS. Its one of the only pictures of him in HS available.

I don't find it hard to believe that that is him at all. Some kids just develop earlier than others. I know this because I was one of them--I was 6'6" by my sophomore year and could grow a decent beard by my senior year of HS. It happens.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
brouthercard said:

haha i was just thinking the same thing.

Codasco07

Aug 7, 2008
DC/StL
P_Manning 18 said:
Pinbreaker said:

I didnt think that card would fly under the radar of the people here.... but didnt see a thread about it. Guess the buyer really wanted it... and it was a Best Offer I believe... wonder what the original BIN was.

I'm pretty sure that was the original BIN or close to it. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a no sale though. A PSA/BGS 9 2001 SPx would go for a little less than that. It sucks we can't see the feedback or anything about the buyers now.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
I have to say, I really do not care for it.

The card design is probablly the only redeeming quality it has(aside from a Pujols auto). I think it looks absurd with his HS photo, and the lack of anything remotely connected to the MLB really detracts from this card specifically.

Having said that, if this was a /20 card issued in a MLB licensed product like Bowman (kinda like the Mays in 03'), and it was full on MLB issue with proper uniform/logo, ect.. Its my opinion this would be a thousand dollar + card. However, as is, it's a ~$500 card that has no appeal to me. Visually or otherwise.

Before anyone soils themself, its just my opinion.

Codasco07

Aug 7, 2008
DC/StL
Sean_C said:
Is that really an on-card signature? It looks more like a trapped one.

It looks like the white boxed area is part of the card, can't tell if it's recessed or not.

!BkYylZgBGk~$(KGrHqYOKkYEsn-2BmjzBL(TLWh7Fw~~_12.jpg

This one sold for $625 last night. Insane.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
matfanofold said:
I have to say, I really do not care for it.

The card design is probablly the only redeeming quality it has(aside from a Pujols auto). I think it looks absurd with his HS photo, and the lack of anything remotely connected to the MLB really detracts from this card specifically.

Having said that, if this was a /20 card issued in a MLB licensed product like Bowman (kinda like the Mays in 03'), and it was full on MLB issue with proper uniform/logo, ect.. Its my opinion this would be a thousand dollar + card. However, as is, it's a ~$500 card that has no appeal to me. Visually or otherwise.

Before anyone soils themself, its just my opinion.

I'm not soiling myself, but I have to say that you must not be a fan of Fort Osage High School. I'm not either, but... if Pujols went to my HS, and I wanted an auto of him, this would definitely be THE auto to have! Sure that's a very limited market, but it seems like it might be a pretty limited card.

Are there parallels, or only 20 of them made?

Members online

Latest posts