Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

TigersFest results and recent maildays. Come look!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bodiaz

Jan 19, 2009
I went to Tigers Fest today. Very cold, and to many minor league players imho, but still a good time. Wish I would have brought extra money! They had some really sweet game used items for pretty cheap! Polanco uncracked game bat for $80, Magglio for $100, Pudge for $100 just to name a few. Anyway, I paid for myself and 3 others to go with me so I could get as many autos as possible. Here are scans of the guys I got:

Had a team ball from 2008 TigersFest. It had Jim Leyland on Sweet Spot, also had Gene Lamont, Andy Van Slyke, Jeremy Bonderman, Clay Rapada on it. Today I added to it. Brennan Boesch, Audy Ciriaco, Brent Dlugach, Bobby Seay, Ryan Strieby, and Jacob Turner. Pretty much made it a single A Erie ball!

100_0996.jpg
100_0997.jpg
100_0998.jpg
100_0999.jpg
100_1000.jpg

Then I got JAcob Turner on a Sweet Spot. I was told he was the 9th overall pick in the draft out of High School. I trust Dave Dombrowski's judgement since he usually drafts great pitchers!
100_0994.jpg

Got Brandon Inge on a Sweet Spot. VERY popular in Detroit!
100_0995.jpg

Got my first UD Masterpieces auto. Hopefully first of many!
MasterpiecesScherzer2008.jpg

And I added to my Allen Gionter auto collection.
AGWillis2006.jpg

AGWillis2007.jpg

AGWillis2008.jpg

AGWillis2009.jpg

AGInge2007.jpg
AGScherzer2008.jpg

And got 4 copies of this card:
AGCoke2009.jpg

All in all a little disappointed about having 4 people waiting in lines for 6 hours and having Inge be the biggest auto, but knocked out some needs.

Also picked up thes in trades here, and ebay over the last couple of days:
Bonsvintageset.jpg
BondsOpeningDay.jpg
BondsHottestRcs.jpg
Bonds87Openingday.jpg
BondsrcclassicPSA9.jpg
KalineVintage.jpg

HeywardRc.jpg

Osbourneauto.jpg

Thanks for looking!

rctdw

Sep 2, 2008
That Inge is Nice I was there but didn't get lucky enough to meet up with him.

Ryan

subject to change

Aug 7, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
Looks like a great haul, especially considering some of the horror stories I've heard of previous Tigerfests. Even though you didn't get any of the big names, knocking 6 A&G off of the sets seems pretty good, considering the unpredictability of the signing groups.

bodiaz

Jan 19, 2009
Yeah, that is the thing. There are very few players that have A&G carads, so getting the 4 Dontrelle's, the Scherzer and the Inge was big. I happen to like the Masterpieces signed! Not as much as the A&G, but it is my second favorite set for autos.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts