Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How to ship a massive box of base cards?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skillz

Aug 7, 2008
What is the best/most cost efficient way? Can I just tape up the 3200 ct. cardboard box they're in and UPS it or will the box break in transit?

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
Skillz said:
What is the best/most cost efficient way? Can I just tape up the 3200 ct. cardboard box they're in and UPS it or will the box break in transit?

I would ship it in another box, surrounded by newspaper or some sort of padding/protection.

Erich

Aug 26, 2008
Anywhere Delta goes.
Philip J. Fry said:
Skillz said:

I would ship it in another box, surrounded by newspaper or some sort of padding/protection.

That is how I have shipped a 3200 count box.

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
One of those large flat rate mailing boxes will hold about 3300 cards, I recently just stuffed one with that many, and costs a little over $10 to ship. Not sure if it is cheaper to mail a comparable size box parcel post.

carlitoson

Aug 7, 2008
Go to your post office and get a large Priority Mail flat rate box (they're free and are 12"x12"x5.5"). See if all of the cards will fit in there since it only costs $14.50 to ship up to 70lbs (that many cards will be heavy). Even if lined w/ bubble wrap, all of those base cards might fit. As long as your recipient can live without the 3200 ct box, that's what I'd do.

EDIT- what Rickzcards said. :)

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
carlitoson said:
Go to your post office and get a large Priority Mail flat rate box (they're free and are 12"x12"x5.5"). See if all of the cards will fit in there since it only costs $14.50 to ship up to 70lbs (that many cards will be heavy). Even if lined w/ bubble wrap, all of those base cards might fit. As long as your recipient can live without the 3200 ct box, that's what I'd do.

Except I thought it only costs around $10 to ship, I must be thinking of the medium flat rate box fee.

jeff550

May 5, 2009
burke
Rickzcards said:
carlitoson said:

Except I thought it only costs around $10 to ship, I must be thinking of the medium flat rate box fee.
the medium is 7.95. and i would go the flar rate box route, unless your recipent needs the 3200 box

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Cut strips of cardboard to fit within the tops of the card slots...also make sure the cards are upright with styrofoam or some other filler keeping them from sliding within the slots. Tape the box...ship, padded, within another box.

Skillz

Aug 7, 2008
Leaning towards putting the 3200 ct box within another box. Won't the cards get damaged if they are loose in a flat rate box? Thoughts?

Members online