Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

O's fans: Orioles need to trade Luke Scott and sign Bedard

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
And this offseason would be perfect. I know they won't trade Scott since they just signed him for the year. My only hope is he hits .300 with 15 HR by the AS break so they can Erik-Bedard (verb not a noun) another MLB team.

I know they could get a valuable bench player + a decent prospect in return for Scott right now. Or a decent relief pitcher.

With the signing of Tejada, Ty W is basically out of a job. And while Scott is better than Ty W in the DH role, we don't need either.

I honestly believe Felix Pie (just give this kid 300 PA straight and see what he does) can handle LF and Reimold can DH/4th OF. Ty W will be the RHB we need off the bench and can DH for LHP while Reimold mans LF.

If the Orioles sign Bedard, that would be even greater than trading Scott. Give Tillman or Matusz (my preference is keep Matusz in rotation and Tillman 10-15 more starts in AAA) and have a rotation of Millwood, Bedard, Guthrie, Matusz, Bergensen to start. If Guthrie or Bergensen suck, bring up Tillman. Greatly beneficial if we pick up another start, it would.

And for goodness sake MacPhail, draft a SS with your 1st rounder this year.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Watching him pitch in 2006 was amazing. Most likely b/c the Orioles haven't had a season like that from a pitcher since the Palmer days but...if he can bring half of what he did in 2006, that would be great.

Moonlight Graham said:
Good luck with Bedard. What a pile of dung.

Members online

Latest posts