Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Grading 2009 BDP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goblue6919

Aug 7, 2008
Has anyone submitted any 09 BDP yet? I just got the grades yesterday from some 09 BDP cards I submitted after only 3 days(I paid for 10 day service at a 20 day price) not too shabby. Anyone get any results in?

I'm pretty sure Jaypers is the only person whos listed graded 09 BDP yet on ebay.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
goblue6919 said:
I'm pretty sure Jaypers is the only person whos listed graded 09 BDP yet on ebay.

Not too happy with the results, though. Especially the Stassi.

goblue6919

Aug 7, 2008
Jaypers said:
goblue6919 said:

I bought the Decker x 9.5... sorry about the results, If i hadn't been going so crazy on ebay the last month I would have bid on the Stassi. I'm also disappointed I didn't submit a BO for the Decker blue ref 10 before you sold it. ::facepalm:: on my part.

Well atleast you've got the Matzek super... any intention on slabbing it?

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
goblue6919 said:
Has anyone submitted any 09 BDP yet? I just got the grades yesterday from some 09 BDP cards I submitted after only 3 days(I paid for 10 day service at a 20 day price) not too shabby. Anyone get any results in?

How did you do?

I have found a few particular players' look good, some look terrible. Very hit or miss with most being misses from the stuff i ripped/bought.

skrip

goblue6919

Aug 7, 2008
ballerskrip said:
goblue6919 said:

How did you do?

I have found a few particular players' look good, some look terrible. Very hit or miss with most being misses from the stuff i ripped/bought.

skrip

Zack Wheeler base, xfractor blue, Jaff Decker blue and orange, and Mike Leake base gemmed. (Leake, Wheeler base and xfractor arent mine)

I didn't slab any of the Decker golds because they all have tiny dimples(not sure how much it will effect grade) and most of my other stuff has pretty rough surfaces. :x

I just hope the Wheeler blue has a 10 auto, I'm pretty sure it's going to get a 9 but you never know.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
goblue6919 said:
Jaypers said:
goblue6919 said:

I bought the Decker x 9.5... sorry about the results, If i hadn't been going so crazy on ebay the last month I would have bid on the Stassi. I'm also disappointed I didn't submit a BO for the Decker blue ref 10 before you sold it. ::facepalm:: on my part.

Do u see a price hit on the Decker once his chrome auto is released?

goblue6919

Aug 7, 2008
darocker80 said:
goblue6919 said:
Jaypers said:
goblue6919 said:

I'm pretty pissed, **** Topps.

I've got 8 xfractors, 3 blues, 3 golds an orange and the red 1/1.

I guess I'm going to have to sell before May.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
goblue6919 said:
darocker80 said:
goblue6919 said:
Jaypers said:
goblue6919 said:

I'm pretty pissed, frack Topps.

I've got 8 xfractors, 3 blues, 3 golds an orange and the red 1/1.

I guess I'm going to have to sell before May.
spring training i guess?

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
Jaypers said:
goblue6919 said:

Yea, that sucks. Not even a 20% increase on the Stassi. Decent % on the Decker but it barely covered grading fees. Not a good start to 09 bdp slabs

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
I thought you guys were all about scarcity?

Personally, i hate Topps for being cheap asshats, but I'd figure the graders would love the fact that only one card out of 50 could nail a 9.5.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
pigskincardboard said:

Personally, i hate Topps for being cheap asshats, but I'd figure the graders would love the fact that only one card out of 50 could nail a 9.5.

The answer to this is we are all about PRECEIVED scarcity...........150 blue refractors..........150 perfect copies out there.......7 smart people grade =

"Less than 4% of the print run has been graded this high!"

Buy the card for 20 for example, grade it for 6 and sell it for 70.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
EricInCT said:
pigskincardboard said:

The answer to this is we are all about PRECEIVED scarcity...........150 blue refractors..........150 perfect copies out there.......7 smart people grade =

"Less than 4% of the print run has been graded this high!"

Buy the card for 20 for example, grade it for 6 and sell it for 70.

Ah, that makes much more sense.

Members online