Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Tale of a good ebay seller

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
With all the bad seller/buyer alerts posted here everyday, I thought I'd share a good ebay story for once. I know many here are good ebay sellers as well. While I don't sell much on ebay I'd like to think of myself as a good buyer.

I made an offer on the following auction which was auto-accepted:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWNX:IT

In the title, the card is clearly listed as a 2/2. I did notice the mistake and knew it was 2/25 and was still happy with the win. I paid immediately. Later that day I checked my ebay messages and found the following from the seller:

I thank you for the purchase on the Justin Upton card.
Before I send an invoice, I need to make you aware of something. In the item description, and on the photo of the card you will see that the card is NUMBERED # 2 of 25! In the initial item description I have an ERROR, showing the card numbered #2 of 2! It is # 2 of 25. I am sorry for the misunderstanding. If you do not want the card, let me know. No harm no foul? I think it is still a very nice card and worth all of the $15 by the way but the decision is yours. Thanks.

I was kind of blown away by the honesty. I replied that I was aware of the mistake and was still happy with the purchase. The seller responded that he'd be sending today, thanked me for my business, and already left + buyer feedback for me.

It's nice to see honest seller like this who went out of his way to make sure I was happy with the purchase. Just thought I'd give kudos to someone like this.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Yes, there are a few out there..

I had an auction where the image was not the card in the description.. It was from Football Icon's..

I gave the seller the option.. the card shown or the card in the decription.. When he e-mailed me, he laughed and said he knew that the card in the picture wasn't what he wanted.. It sold for a whopping $5.. It happens that the listing sometime doesn't get updated or the image is not the right one..

I believe there are more of the honest ones than the dishonest ones.. We just hear about the dishonest ones more often..

Great job..

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Nice job by the seller. I actaully have and still do it I let sellers know about mistake they have made politely.
And I have actaully gotten things for free from them not the stuff they are selling but other things. I do not tell them of there mistakes
for any benefit to me just letting them know of a possible costly error. Again I'm glad the guy went out of his way to make sure you
know.

Members online