Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

09 Elite Extra John Olerud redemption

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin
I was surprised to see that John Olerud was included in the Collegiate patches set in 09 Elite Extra. I had seen Brad Mills on a previous checklist but never saw Olerud listed. I'm not sure if Mills was replaced by Olerud on the final checklist. Doing a quick search on ended auctions I only saw one, other than that I haven't seen any sign of his redemption card on any breaks. The card is not shortlisted so what is the deal? Being a Jays (and Olerud) collection I'm keen to get my grubby hands on one. :p

[email protected]

aaron41984

Jun 22, 2009
I always think of this when I hear Olerud's name....

One widely reported story was a fabrication that began as a clubhouse joke made by a visiting player.[79] While playing for Seattle in 2000, Henderson was said to have commented on first baseman John Olerud's practice of wearing a batting helmet while playing defense, noting that a former teammate in Toronto did the same thing. Olerud was reported to have replied, "That was me." The two men had been together the previous season with the 1999 Mets, as well as with the 1993 World Champion Blue Jays. Several news outlets originally reported the story as fact.

Tom Oates

Sep 15, 2008
aarne13 said:
I was surprised to see that John Olerud was included in the Collegiate patches set in 09 Elite Extra. I had seen Brad Mills on a previous checklist but never saw Olerud listed. I'm not sure if Mills was replaced by Olerud on the final checklist. Doing a quick search on ended auctions I only saw one, other than that I haven't seen any sign of his redemption card on any breaks. The card is not shortlisted so what is the deal? Being a Jays (and Olerud) collection I'm keen to get my grubby hands on one. :p

[email protected]

I havn't opened my case yet since I just got back from vacation last night. If I pull one I'll contact you and we can work something out.

Tom

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
aaron41984 said:
I always think of this when I hear Olerud's name....

One widely reported story was a fabrication that began as a clubhouse joke made by a visiting player.[79] While playing for Seattle in 2000, Henderson was said to have commented on first baseman John Olerud's practice of wearing a batting helmet while playing defense, noting that a former teammate in Toronto did the same thing. Olerud was reported to have replied, "That was me." The two men had been together the previous season with the 1999 Mets, as well as with the 1993 World Champion Blue Jays. Several news outlets originally reported the story as fact.

thats pretty funny if true. That 93 Blue Jays team was awesome!!!

Latest posts