Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sportscenter just said the Twins signed Thome!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
BunchOBull said:
Poor Kubel.

This. I like Thome as a veteran leader, but this can't bode well for Kubel, unless they plan on playing him in right field all the time with Span shifiting to center.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
I'm pretty sure this doesn't affect kubel's playing time. The idea was to have Thome as a bench player and let kubel continue to DH. The Twins wouldn't do that to Kubel, especially after his #'s last year.

Great sign by the Twins

bodiaz

Jan 19, 2009
Thome i sgarbage. He will give you 15 HR and .235 avg playing 100 games. Doesn't help IMO. He hasn't been nearly as good since they have tested for roids.

Weimer

Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Thome is going to be a bench player DHing here and there as needed. $1.5 million for him is a good price. It doesn't matter if he's declined or not over the past few years. He's not going to be playing on a daily basis and isn't going to hurt anything.

Lally1

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
bodiaz said:
Thome i sgarbage. He will give you 15 HR and .235 avg playing 100 games. Doesn't help IMO. He hasn't been nearly as good since they have tested for roids.
Jealous much?

Beckhamcollector15

Dec 10, 2009
As a Sox fan, Thome was one of my favorites the past few years, but he just flat out sucked last year IMO. Then again as long as he is just a bench player and only making 1.5 mil I can't argue with that and it won't hurt the other lefties learning something from him either.

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
bodiaz said:
And his average dipped every year.

Strange...it went from .245 in '08 to a combined .249 in '09.

As for your "15 HR's" comment...yeah, cause Thome's never hit less than 23 home runs in a season where he's played more than 100 games.

Keep stretching there boss....

Weimer

Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Does anyone even take Bodiaz seriously anymore at this point? All the guy does is come into threads and say idiotic things to try to stir up a fight. Just ignore him and you'll be much happier while browsing threads. It works for me. :D

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
Weimer said:
Does anyone even take Bodiaz seriously anymore at this point? All the guy does is come into threads and say idiotic things to try to stir up a fight. Just ignore him and you'll be much happier while browsing threads. It works for me. :D

If we only had an "Ignore" button... :(

Weimer

Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Sly said:
Weimer said:

If we only had an "Ignore" button... :(

I'm not sure if you're being serious or not, but there is a foe list that allows you to ignore all of his posts.

Members online