Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

UD Signature Stars Baseball?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
http://cgi.ebay.com/Jameson-Taillon-Sig ... ball?hash=

!Bkgqw)!BWk~$(KGrHqMH-EEEs-ZsV4pVBL(1bZJJ4g~~_12.jpg

185.jpg

190.jpg

202.jpg

205.jpg

!BkiVuFQCGk~$(KGrHqQH-DIEs7iGDKlBBL(73L)dNQ~~_12.jpg

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
Brett Keith said:
The reason I didn't buy any 18U or National Team stuff from the boxed sets.

Oh, your Cole is on its way.

Sweet. I think the USA patches are okay, everything else, doesn't look like it.

http://tradercracks.blogspot.com/2010/0 ... stars.html

From the files of this doesn't make sense, Upper Deck has announced an addition to their 2009 baseball lineup. 2009 Upper Deck Signature Stars is set for release at the end of the month and, like every other upcoming Upper Deck baseball product save for their latest USA boxed set, I'm curious to see what it looks like.

Putting on my Little Orphan Annie Decoder Ring and a tall mug of Ovaltine, I'm going to attempt to decipher the available info.

It's priced at $90 for a 20-pack box. And remember, although the date says it's a 2009 product (that was announced in 2010), don't expect any of those MLB logos. But Upper Deck's got this one figured out by offering a competing USA-heavy product immediately after they're putting out their USA box set. Each box is slated to have a total of four autographed and game-used cards.

The set has 100 base cards, 20 Top Prospects, 65 Base Set High Series Signatures and 25 Rookie Signatures. The base set will also have a Blue Platinum parallel numbered to 170 copies.

A plus that I see is that Upper Deck appears to be adding some value to boxes by creating several different insert sets that are placed at somewhat tough but not ridiculous rates.Basic inserts include Signature Skills (1:25 packs), Signed, Sealed and Delivered (1:25 packs), and Trophy Winners (1:50 packs).

Common autograph and game-used insert sets focus largely on USA Baseball. Along with the previously mentioned High Series Signatures and Rookie Signatures, the following appear four per box:

USA Star Prospects Game Jersey
USA Winning Materials (/499)
USA Flashback Fabrics Dual JerseyImpressions Signatures
USA Star Prospect Signatures
USA Prospects- Auto Jersey (/399)
USA Future Watch Auto Jersey National Team (/799)
USA Future Watch Auto Jersey 18U Team (/899)
USA By The Letter Autographs
There's also several sets that would be considered case hits:

Gold Signature parallels (1/case)

Team USA Patch Autographs (combined 1/case)
USA Star Prospects Patch Auto (/25)
USA Future Watch Auto Patch National Team (/50)
USA Future Watch Auto Patch 18U Team (/50)

Autographs (combined 3:4 cases)
Signature Trios
Signature Quads
Signature Portraits

UD Black Pride of a Nation (combined 1:2 cases)
Veterans
Rookies
Rookies (/1)

Team USA Memorabilia (combined 1:2 cases)
USA Star Prospects Game Patch (/25)
USA Premier Materials National Team Cap Flags (/4)
USA Premier Materials 18U Team Cap Flags (/1)
USA Winning Big Materials (/10)
USA Flashbacks Fabrics Dual Patch (/25)
Bryce Harper's autograph is scheduled to appear alongside others like Michael Saunders, Chris Tillman, Josh Reddick and Fu-Te-Ni of Taiwan. Buybacks from all the way back from 2008 USA Baseball will also be inserted.

Without images, it's near impossible to get a real feel for this set but the more I look at the inserts and the structure, the more it seems like license-free Upper Deck's version to Bowman. You've got your token veterans in the base set like Bowman but the driving force behind the flashier inserts, that will likely drive sales, is based on the youngsters. Instead of being Minor Leaguers, they're national stars.

Since there's no pictures yet, I give you Bobo the Baseball-Playing Chimp and his handsome striped shirt

Jul 30, 2009
My dist also told me there will be 2009 Draft Picks but dont see it listed above.

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
bballcardkid said:
It would be nice if they started advertising these.

They'd probably do more advertising if the packs and boxes didn't have the following statement on them "NOT authorized by Major League Baseball or its Member Teams"

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
Brett Keith said:
bballcardkid said:
It would be nice if they started advertising these.

They'd probably do more advertising if the packs and boxes didn't have the following statement on them "NOT authorized by Major League Baseball or its Member Teams"

A simple sell sheet, checklist, and posting on their website a month or two in advance would do me just fine.

aaron41984

Jun 22, 2009
The cards in the OP clearly have MLB logos on the player's uni. How can they get away with this in an unlicensed product?

Mr.Whipple

Banned
Apr 19, 2009
Joisey
aaron41984 said:
The cards in the OP clearly have MLB logos on the player's uni. How can they get away with this in an unlicensed product?

They are putting 2009 as the copyright date and that makes its a 2009 product and they can still use all the logos on 2009 products... So,They're gonna run a few "2009" sets months in to 2010. Makes a lost of sense and will help them sell product, Before they cant call it all "2009". I wont buy anything that is airbrushed, Think it looks crappy..

THECARDFATHER

Dec 27, 2009
aaron41984 said:

2008 EEE was probably the model for this.
I think the only reason it wasn't tested legally was Panini buying Donruss.

Members online

Latest posts