Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2009 UD Ultimate Collection - HOt HOt Hot

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Re: 2009 UD Ultimate Collection Group Buy

Nikobaseball said:
put me down for one as of now, maybe more

penciled in, after I posted this someone pm'ed me about a case. So I need to see if I can still get them.

I will know in the AM.

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Re: 2009 UD Ultimate Collection Group Buy

talk about a hot product.

Why didnt anyone tell him this was going to be so hot. I would have bought a ton before release.

Looks like it has jumped over $10 in a few days.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
cgilmo said:
Mighty Bombjack said:
UD was very smart with this release, to be sure.

I'm not so sure, it all depends on how the court case goes.

Is there a pending court case, or is that just an assumption? I haven't heard about it.

And how long can UD call products 2009 (a la Razor)?

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
cgilmo said:
Mighty Bombjack said:
UD was very smart with this release, to be sure.

How can there really be a case when it's marketed as a 2009 product?

Topps released a 2009 product in 2010 as well.

BombJack - Just this and Sig Stars are marked as 2009 products.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Mighty Bombjack said:
cgilmo said:
[quote="Mighty Bombjack":1w7dhku7]UD was very smart with this release, to be sure.

Is there a pending court case, or is that just an assumption? I haven't heard about it.

And how long can UD call products 2009 (a la Razor)?[/quote:1w7dhku7]

A la Razor? Spring 2013.

Seriously, I don't think MLB has a case since this product was conceptualized and probably printed in 2009, and released in January 2010. It's the products that come out in March that they may have issues with if they're called 2009... which they likely won't be.

I know of no pending court cases at this point, although I suspect there will be one filed by Summer.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Jeff N. said:
I know of no pending court cases at this point, although I suspect there will be one filed by Summer.
What other option do they have?

So far their plan of securing the license and putting out sub-par products is backfiring. :lol:

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
Jeff N. said:
A la Razor? Spring 2013.

Seriously, I don't think MLB has a case since this product was conceptualized and probably printed in 2009, and released in January 2010. It's the products that come out in March that they may have issues with if they're called 2009... which they likely won't be.

This aligns with my thinking, which is why I think UD was smart to pump sweet stuff into this product while holding back pre-sale info about future stuff. People want this product and will pre-buy the next ones based on it.

I have also noticed that MANY (but not all) of the photos in this set are cropped so as to omit logos. Notice how many head shots show the bill of the hat, but not the logo on said hat? They look nice without any digital manipulation.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Mighty Bombjack said:
[quote="Jeff N.":3vhn6r4x]

A la Razor? Spring 2013.

This aligns with my thinking, which is why I think UD was smart to pump sweet stuff into this product while holding back pre-sale info about future stuff. People want this product and will pre-buy the next ones based on it.

I have also noticed that MANY (but not all) of the photos in this set are cropped so as to omit logos. Notice how many head shots show the bill of the hat, but not the logo on said hat? They look nice without any digital manipulation.[/quote:3vhn6r4x]
Many of the ones you're talking about show nearly 1/2 the logo, but it seems kinda silly when so many others show the full jersey and hat.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
chashawk said:
Mighty Bombjack said:
[quote="Jeff N.":23zpyikb]

A la Razor? Spring 2013.

I have also noticed that MANY (but not all) of the photos in this set are cropped so as to omit logos. Notice how many head shots show the bill of the hat, but not the logo on said hat? They look nice without any digital manipulation.
Many of the ones you're talking about show nearly 1/2 the logo, but it seems kinda silly when so many others show the full jersey and hat.[/quote:23zpyikb]

I think they are just warming up, practicing if you will.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
chashawk said:
Mighty Bombjack said:
[quote="Jeff N.":12jte4us]

A la Razor? Spring 2013.

Many of the ones you're talking about show nearly 1/2 the logo, but it seems kinda silly when so many others show the full jersey and hat.[/quote:12jte4us]

Or just show the back of the jersey..

fc62_12.jpg

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Mighty Bombjack said:
Interestingly, look at all of the Ultimate Patches in the product. They seem to have very carefully cropped the photos to omit logos. Not true of every card, but seemingly all of these.

Most of the Jumbo Swatch subset as well...

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid ... Categories
Yeah, the patches are the ones they cropped to all head shots. Not true of most of the non-patch jumbos though.

!Bkrcpc!BGk~$(KGrHqQOKk!Esm4--qZ5BLYg!2ltkQ~~_12.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts