Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Porcello 9.5 AFLAC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
I wonder if the autograph grades are going to be all over the place for the Aflacs....

I also wonder what the criteria is as the autograph positions on them seem pretty random...

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
I really think Beckett is making a mistake listing these cards as 2008's. They were created in 2006, have 2006 as the "copyright" date... but were autographed and inserted into 2008 Bowman as an extra bonus. I mean, these are TOPPS cards, why are they calling them Bowman cards to begin with? They say TOPPS right on the card... just because they were released late in a different product, doesn't mean they aren't what they are. On a side note, $900 for that Porcello??? Are you KIDDING me... it has a 9 auto for Christ's sake. :shock:

tommyfro21

Aug 8, 2008
I'll be watching this one closely because I will be sending a couple if not all of these to BGS.

PorcelloAFLACs.jpg

i43770

Aug 7, 2008
Portland, OR
sportscardtheory said:
I really think Beckett is making a mistake listing these cards as 2008's. They were created in 2006, have 2006 as the "copyright" date... but were autographed and inserted into 2008 Bowman as an extra bonus. I mean, these are TOPPS cards, why are they calling them Bowman cards to begin with? They say TOPPS right on the card... just because they were released late in a different product, doesn't mean they aren't what they are. On a side note, $900 for that Porcello??? Are you KIDDING me... it has a 9 auto for Christ's sake. :shock:

It is no different than Bowman Originals or any other Upper Deck or Topps buyback product. The only difference is, these cards were never actually in the public's hands.

On another note, I thought that only Bowman products could have non MLB players in it. How can they get away with putting out a Topps insert into a Bowman product?

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
i43770 said:
sportscardtheory said:

It is no different than Bowman Originals or any other Upper Deck or Topps buyback product. The only difference is, these cards were never actually in the public's hands.

Also these cards were signed when they were printed, unlike the buybacks

Members online

Latest posts