Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bidding Craziness - Alan Trammell 1/1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
In my daily searches for Alan Trammell cards I recently saved a 2005 Diamond Kings 1/1 to my watch list. I just looked at my watch list and choked. With 4+ days to go in the auction the bidding is over $160. What gives? Given that I have paid in the $100-$150 range for auto'd 1/1 Trammells I expected this card to be under $100. I'm not sure what to make of the bidding as I recognize both bidders as Trammell collectors. Is this just reckless bidding by two stubborn player collectors or am I missing something?

[ebay:2lyd493o]120522478581[/ebay:2lyd493o]

Alex

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
UMich92 said:
In my daily searches for Alan Trammell cards I recently saved a 2005 Diamond Kings 1/1 to my watch list. I just looked at my watch list and choked. With 4+ days to go in the auction the bidding is over $160. What gives? Given that I have paid in the $100-$150 range for auto'd 1/1 Trammells I expected this card to be under $100. I'm not sure what to make of the bidding as I recognize both bidders as Trammell collectors. Is this just reckless bidding by two stubborn player collectors or am I missing something?

[ebay:24oxh51x]120522478581[/ebay:24oxh51x]

Alex

This or maybe someone going for the master. Not sure of the print runs on everything (I know there's a 1/1 auto in the set), but that would be my guess.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Both of those bidder whooped me real good for a Trammell Auto I need last week or so. I knida thought it was BS, guess not.

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
55_marlins_sp - Definitely won't be able to get a master set of Trammell Diamond Kings as I have 2 of the 1/1's. Maybe going for some subset of the checklist.

George - I just looked at that other auction and now I'm not as sure. I hadn't looked previously because I have 1 of the other 4 autos of this card. :D

Alex

TramFan3

Dec 7, 2008
Yeah theyre definately both Trammell collectors. Im pretty sure one is on the board, and I know who the other is. If I can get enough profit on a few sales this auction might get more reckless, but for the time being im backing out.

George which card was it you were beat out on?

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
TramFan3 said:
Yeah theyre definately both Trammell collectors. Im pretty sure one is on the board, and I know who the other is. If I can get enough profit on a few sales this auction might get more reckless, but for the time being im backing out.

I have lost the last 3 or so 2003 Tribute WS GU auto.

TramFan3

Dec 7, 2008
George_Calfas said:
TramFan3 said:

I have lost the last 3 or so 2003 Tribute WS GU auto.

Yeah that card pops up a ton so youll get one eventually. Its weird, sometimes it sells for 20+ and ive seen it end at 7.99 with no bidders. I definately wouldnt battle someone over it.

brumbach

I'm friends with the seller, he used to be on the old BMB, not sure if he ever made it over here or not. He's just as surprised as everyone else, except for the bidders I guess. lol, I'm he'll be more surprised by the views and watchers after this thread too.

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
A little rich for my blood as it wasn't an auto 1/1. Even so, it's hard to argue when you pick up a nice 1/1 for the PC. Congrats on the win.

Alex

TramFan3

Dec 7, 2008
Yeah, my bidding on it was a combination of 2 things. First, earlier today I was looking at some completed Will Clark auctions, and realized how cheap us Trammell collectors get stuff for. Secondly, this is my first real 1/1, the other one is a Donruss Champions card from the 03 National.

I admit I overpayed, but as the years go by these are getting harder to find, im just glad I can have one in my collection.

chief7575

Feb 1, 2010
Yup, that was my auction and I wasn't as surprised at the end price as much as I was how quickly it got so high after I listed it! Props to Tim for winning it - I've already got it packaged up and it will be in the mail tomorrow. Thanks and hope you like it!

Greg

Members online

Latest posts