Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Jim Edmonds with the Brew Crew

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
Why is he doing that? First the scrubs now the poo crew??? People are going to stop going to 15 in St. Louis!

Phish

May 19, 2009
One of the most exciting players I have ever witnessed in my short life. I hope the guy will sign a little ttm, some players do in their last seasons.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Greg Cleveland said:
Interesting that he stayed in the NL Central. He'll get the mix of boos and cheers in STL, Cub fans won't care either way. Maybe I'll wear my Edmonds shirt to a game in Milwaukee no matter who they play!
Actually Greg I will care, as a Cub fan I found the signing of him interesting since he killed the cubs all the time.
I know Sam Banks hated that, but hey he does not like a lot of things, LOL. I 'm glad Jimmy E found a new home.

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
Pine Tar said:
[quote="Greg Cleveland":2jyupf37]Interesting that he stayed in the NL Central. He'll get the mix of boos and cheers in STL, Cub fans won't care either way. Maybe I'll wear my Edmonds shirt to a game in Milwaukee no matter who they play!
Actually Greg I will care, as a Cub fan I found the signing of him interesting since he killed the cubs all the time.
I know Sam Banks hated that, but hey he does not like a lot of things, LOL. I 'm glad Jimmy E found a new home.[/quote:2jyupf37]

Oh, I meant that Cub fans probably wouldn't have the same love/hate feelings like Cardinal fans (or Sam). Since I get the Brewers on out Fox Sports station, I'll get to see a lot of him .

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Sam Banks said:
[quote="Skorris CCBC":11ts3e25]"JUDAS!"

- Sam Banks

QFT.

I hate him.

You don't say what he said and expect me to have some sort of lingering affinity for him.

Jim Edmonds said:

"I'm f**king done with St. Louis media and I'm f**king done with the Cardinals."

And I'm done with YOU Jim Edmonds.[/quote:11ts3e25]

I hope he comes to spring training now instead of killing himself upon hearing of your distaste... :)

Hopefully it's more "Gabe Kapler" and less "Willie Mays with the Mets"...

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
Sam Banks said:
[quote="Skorris CCBC":2k1feo8m]"JUDAS!"

- Sam Banks

QFT.

I hate him.

You don't say what he said and expect me to have some sort of lingering affinity for him.

Jim Edmonds said:

"I'm f**king done with St. Louis media and I'm f**king done with the Cardinals."

And I'm done with YOU Jim Edmonds.[/quote:2k1feo8m]

Sam, I know you're stubborn, but the only reason he said that is because he just signed with a brand new team, and the reporters wouldn't shut up about his past. Everything got taken out of context. That one quote should in no way take away from the stuff he did for the Cardinals, including his 2004 NLCS homer against the Astros.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
Sam Banks said:
Wasn't just any new team Mack.

I hate the team as much as you do, but when you're 38 and one team offers you a job, no matter who it is, you're going to accept it.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Well he didn't have to say eff St. Louis or pull the antics he did while playing against them, like staring in the dugout at LaRussa after hitting a home run.

1, he ASKED to be traded to San Diego.

2, he CHOSE to sign with the Cubs as some sort of retribution toward the Cardinals, as he felt slighted by Tony LaRussa, which he shouldn't have at all, being as he was washed up and was hurting the team and we needed to let Colby take over.

3, he acted like a complete bitch his entire stay in Chicago toward St. Louis, for no reason at all. He says what he says, THEN tries kissing St. Louis's rear end every chance he gets after leaving Chicago.

The guy showed his true colors. He's a bitch. And he proved it.

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
Sam Banks said:
Well he didn't have to say eff St. Louis or pull the antics he did while playing against them, like staring in the dugout at LaRussa after hitting a home run.

1, he ASKED to be traded to San Diego.

2, he CHOSE to sign with the Cubs as some sort of retribution toward the Cardinals, as he felt slighted by Tony LaRussa, which he shouldn't have at all, being as he was washed up and was hurting the team and we needed to let Colby take over.

3, he acted like a complete bitch his entire stay in Chicago toward St. Louis, for no reason at all. He says what he says, THEN tries kissing St. Louis's rear end every chance he gets after leaving Chicago.

The guy showed his true colors. He's a bitch. And he proved it.

You're memory is a little foggy. First, he never asked to be traded to San Diego. He basically said if they weren't going to play him he would like to be traded. Secondly, Chicago was the only city that offered a contract to him and it was after he had played in San Diego. It wasn't like he jumped ship to go straight to Chicago, the guy wanted to continue his career and they were offering.

Lastly, you are way off on the Larussa thing; Edmonds was tired of being asked about the Cardinals every single day and simply said he wasn't a Cardinal anymore and didn't want to talk about it. He was right on about the St. Louis media; they pandered to the idiots (evidently it worked) in an effort to sell papers by creating a rift by twisting his words and using them against him. Larussa is as much to blame as Edmonds for their little bitch session.

The problem with relying on blogs for facts is that years later you remember what was written by some jaded Cards fan as fact and disregard the truth. Here is a fact; Jim Edmonds gave it his all for the Cardinals for several years and should be remembered fondly for doing so by Cardinal "fans."

On a side note, do you actually have your own photo as an avatar??

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
My memory isn't foggy. Edmonds asked to be traded to the West coast specifically. Hence, San Diego.

I'm not saying LaRussa is perfect, but Edmonds didn't have to be a little bitch after he left St. Louis. Well, let me rephrase that. He wasn't a little bitch in San Diego. Everyone was excited about him coming back to St. Louis that first time with the Padres. Even me. There was going to be a big ovation for him. But he got injured and that never happened. Then San Diego cut him and he chose to sign with the Cubs. THEN he started being a bitch after he signed with the Cubs. He had to have known there were going to be q million questions concerning the Cardinals when he signed with the Cubs, so it couldn't have surprised him. He could have handled the situation a million times better than saying **** the Cardinals and he was done with the city. That's a bitch move. Instead of just saying he loved his time in St. Louis he went the other route and trashed the city. He shouldn't have done that at all. This isn't revisionist history, it's what I remember happening. Edmonds punked out, especially with his antics after the home run. Was completely uncalled for.

And yes, that's me in my avatar. And why? Because I'm a sexy beast. :)

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
If he was still sour about the Cardinals, there's so reason why he'd pretty much approach the Cardinals looking for a comeback.

Members online

Latest posts