Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How Andre Dawson almost became a New York Met

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
I'm glad Dawson is going in the hall as a Expo. This maybe the last time someone from the Expos will go in.
Would have liked to see him as a Cub but Montreal was were he starred the most anyway.

sebpoo

Aug 7, 2008
Montreal, P.Q.
Pine Tar said:
I'm glad Dawson is going in the hall as a Expo. This maybe the last time someone from the Expos will go in.
Would have liked to see him as a Cub but Montreal was were he starred the most anyway.

I am pretty sure Tim Raines will be an HOF someday.
And being from Montreal i'm glad and proud as well :D

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
sebpoo said:
Pine Tar said:

:eek: I forgot but the Rock Raines ::facepalm:: :D

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Pine Tar said:
sebpoo said:
[quote="Pine Tar":1oc32t8l]I'm glad Dawson is going in the hall as a Expo. This maybe the last time someone from the Expos will go in.

:eek: I forgot but the Rock Raines ::facepalm:: :D[/quote:1oc32t8l]

So has prettymuch all of baseball and fans alike. Too bad really, he had a solid career, a fair ammount of popularity, and some very respectable stats to boot! I cant say I see him as a HOF caliber package, but would not argue against it!

Funny thing is, if someone told you today that this player in 2009 Bowman Draft has the potential to be a star player with 2600+ career hits, 800+ stolen bases, a lifetimg ~.300 hitter, multi MVP candidate with plenty of alcolades, his cards would fly off the shelf. But you can get a Rock RC thats 30 years old for less than a turd..

metrotheme

Dec 3, 2009
I guess Cashen was in on the collusion scandal that went on that off season. It hurt a lot of guys and Dawson was signed for a song by the Cubs.

George K

Aug 7, 2008
New Jersey
That's a funny story. I remember in 1987 the Mets were actually interested in Tim Raines also. He was at his peak too and would go on to have a great season that year. He held out the first month and the half of the season because no other team was making a decent offer to him.

Members online

Latest posts