Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Raleigh, NC Show Update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

edwards_everything

Aug 7, 2008
Well, the show has been a lot of fun. I haven't done too much business (basically got my table fee back, bought a little, and net of all that, I have more $$ in my pocket than what I came to the show with). Traffic has been really light overall. But, it's all good because I spent the whole day at the show with my oldest son. He must have had fun because he asked if he could go back with me tomorrow. So, we're going to hit the 8:15 service at church and get to the show around 9:45 for the 10:00 opening.

Anyway, no real good stories. Did make a small purchase I hope to do ok with, and got a (hopefully) really nice card out of somebody's $0.25 box. Back in a bit with scans.....

edwards_everything

Aug 7, 2008
First some 90's inserts from various $0.25 boxes. Does anyone know what set the first 2 Thomas cards on the top row came from? The top left is a folded jersey with a circular piece of tape on it. The back is a picture of Frank - no mfg info. The middle is from Topps called At the Break and has a copyright date of 1995. Couldn't find it in a quarterly beckett. The rest I got basically to have samples of that type of set for my PC.

90sInserts.jpg

edwards_everything

Aug 7, 2008
Next up some chrome....can't have a pick-up post without some chrome. For a grand total of $0.50, I got these. Is Velazquez any good?

Chrome.jpg

edwards_everything

Aug 7, 2008
Next up some Mantles - again from $0.25 boxes. One of them is a 1/1 because it is serial #ed 01 / 29!!!!! Just kidding about the 1/1 part.

Mantles.jpg

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
I have/had both cards on corners of top row . i pulled top left out of a pack i can't remember brand at this time .leaf if guessing . i miss Raleigh haven't been in 20 years .

edwards_everything

Aug 7, 2008
Bought 5 GU from somebody that stopped by my table. Paid $5 for a Brees, Paul Pierce, 2 scrubs, and this.....

2007ToppsDPPDualJerseyHolofoil.jpg

I asked the guy how much he wanted, and he said $5. I told him, you know this card is #ed 5/5 right? He said he did, and he just wanted to sell. I said ok. I hope Topps football set collectors are as crazy as Topps baseball set collectors so I can get my $1.00 back.

edwards_everything

Aug 7, 2008
And.....best for last.....picked up this Griffey Jr. from a quarter box.

01_Griffey_front.jpg

Picked it up, saw it was #ed and said "OK - can't go wrong with a #ed Griffey for a quarter." Got back to my table, and looked at it more closely. Did a double take at this.....

02_Griffey_back.jpg

When I got home, I was really pleasantly surprised when I realized it was Griffey's jersey #.
:)

edwards_everything

Aug 7, 2008
tramers said:
I have/had both cards on corners of top row . i pulled top left out of a pack i can't remember brand at this time .leaf if guessing . i miss Raleigh haven't been in 20 years .

Thanks for the info. If I don't get an answer here, I'll ask one of the Thomas collectors. Hope you can make it back to the Raleigh area some time.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
many a ncsu football 1974-6 . wife had relatives there 1980's . stayed on marcum -silvia park apts . i never have any luck buying at shows and don't set up at them anymore.

edwards_everything

Aug 7, 2008
tramers said:
many a ncsu football 1974-6 . wife had relatives there 1980's . stayed on marcum -silvia park apts . i never have any luck buying at shows and don't set up at them anymore.

Well, if you are ever back in the area when they have a show at the State Fiargrounds, you should check it out. It's usually a real good show.

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
I responded in the 90's thread that your top left is 1997 Collectors Choice Evolution Revolution..

any canseco inserts in those quarter boxes? thats where I search now at shows I goto in hopes of landing more of his inserts I still need.

IndyManning18

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
edwards_everything said:
And.....best for last.....picked up this Griffey Jr. from a quarter box.
02_Griffey_back.jpg

When I got home, I was really pleasantly surprised when I realized it was Griffey's jersey #.
:)

Nice. And no, you can't go wrong with that for a quarter.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts