Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Classic response from an ebay seller!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ElwayHOf2004

Apr 4, 2009
I received a Max Stassi refractor in the mail today. I paid $4.95 shipping which I knew was outrageous going in but it made the cost of the card cheaper since it scared off bidders. Additionally our 'genius' seller had the card end at about 5 am Eastern time on a Sunday morning. A real hotbed of baseball card activity goes on then. Prospectors are known to keep those sniper rifles going all night long. I received the card today, of course in the white envelope of doom. I emailed the seller to let them know that I would leave negative feedback because you can't charge $5 to ship a card and not even go with a bubble mailer. I wanted to let them know before I left a negative and here was their response which is rich:

Dear rickieweekshof2028,

1st of all shut up u dnt know nothing bout anythang. before u freake out everyone sends in a white not yellow im not the only one an go ahead ill leave u a nasty feed back 2 thanks guys like u make me happy a couple bucks cry some more atleaset u got the dam card am i not right an nothing happen to the card so go cry i could care less an i have an aunt that works for ebay so that will get fixed so go ahead an try leaving one

- softballbabe1501

I have to say they made me laugh. They probably don't know that they can't leave a negative for a buyer. But who knows, with their aunt on the "inside" at ebay, I may be in for trouble!

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
He's lucky you aren't the type of a-hole to just claim you didn't receive it since he obviously had no tracking whatsoever on it. Hit him with the neg low and hard.

ElwayHOf2004

Apr 4, 2009
haha, yeah I've actually never left a negative before but I certainly didn't mind this time. I emailed her before I left it just to see what her response would be. She even admitted profiting off the shipping (although she lied about the amount as she said she made 1.90.) Stamps in her town must be outrageous!

Jul 30, 2009
why u be so mad at da guy he only be sending the crad in a envalope wit a few stamps and u know their be nothing rong with that u just feel like bugginm da sella about paying 5 dollor for ship but hey remember it also be handling fee two like they all do on tv and stuff and I be saying all this in one sentence. :lol:

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
ElwayHOf2004 said:
haha, yeah I've actually never left a negative before but I certainly didn't mind this time. I emailed her before I left it just to see what her response would be. She even admitted profiting off the shipping (although she lied about the amount as she said she made 1.90.) Stamps in her town must be outrageous!
You dropped the ball and left her/him a positive.

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I wouldn't hesitate giving a negative.

I dont understand why people think this is the end. All he has to do is remember your Ebay name and just wait to you sell something and do the same to you under a new name.

Think before you act if the card wasn't damaged and you got it.......

asmth312

Jan 17, 2009
I guess it's an individual choice to leave a negative based on overall satisfaction with the transaction. To me, if the card arrives in the condition stated in the auction then I don't care if a stamp was put directly on the toploader.

Obviously a seller that ships in PWE's is playing Russian roulette with his cards, but if it gets to me as expected then I have no basis for a negative. I'll just choose not to shop with that seller in the future to avoid the risk and potential hassle.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
When I get a card in a PWE and i paid more than $2 for shipping, if the card arrived safely, I leave positive feedback with a comment about shipping

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
cgilmo said:
she makes some of the kids on our board look like freakin geniuses

Really? And here I was thinking, "WOW, I think it's a member of these boards! I've heard this before!!"

19braves77 said:

I dont understand why people think this is the end. All he has to do is remember your Ebay name and just wait to you sell something and do the same to you under a new name.

asmth312 said:
I guess it's an individual choice to leave a negative based on overall satisfaction with the transaction. To me, if the card arrives in the condition stated in the auction then I don't care if a stamp was put directly on the toploader.

Obviously a seller that ships in PWE's is playing Russian roulette with his cards, but if it gets to me as expected then I have no basis for a negative. I'll just choose not to shop with that seller in the future to avoid the risk and potential hassle.

mredsox89 said:
When I get a card in a PWE and i paid more than $2 for shipping, if the card arrived safely, I leave positive feedback with a comment about shipping

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

See what I mean?

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
First off I would forward that to eBay and let them know she is over charging and profiting off of the shipping
since you said she admitted to it. Next then let them know she has aunt working there (per her statemnet) the sunt will
renmove the negative. I would think this is frowned upon. and now look at this over charge
http://cgi.ebay.com/130-topps-chrome-ca ... 4a9e305031

14.95 US Postal Service Priority Mail Small Flat Rate Box I know that is not the rate for the small flat rate box
the box is the size of a VHS tape and does not cost that much at all,

Here is the cost
Current prices for USPS Priority Mail® Service. ... Priority Mail Small Flat Rate Box, $4.95, 8-5/8" x 5-3/8" x 1-5/8".
http://www.usps.com/prices/priority-mail-prices.htm

Zithy

Sep 18, 2008
ElwayHOf2004 said:
Dear rickieweekshof2028,

1st of all shut up u dnt know nothing bout anythang. before u freake out everyone sends in a white not yellow im not the only one an go ahead ill leave u a nasty feed back 2 thanks guys like u make me happy a couple bucks cry some more atleaset u got the dam card am i not right an nothing happen to the card so go cry i could care less an i have an aunt that works for ebay so that will get fixed so go ahead an try leaving one

- softballbabe1501

Looks like someone missed their period, cuz I don't see any

Seriously though, you got the card safely with the high shipping factored in. Neg for getting what you wanted and for the total price you were happy with? Bleh, too hasty. I'd think either positive with low stars or neutral. Either way, mention in the feedback of the high shipping/PWE and move on.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Zithy said:
ElwayHOf2004 said:
Dear rickieweekshof2028,

- softballbabe1501

:shock: :D

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
I may not drop a neg if the card arrive in good condition. But at least a neutral, with an appropriate comment and kill the DSR's especially the shipping.

Alex

prospectorgems

Nov 29, 2008
Wisconsin
19braves77 said:

Unless you block them....

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
prospectorgems said:
19braves77 said:

Unless you block them....

I was about to post this as well.

I may have asked for a shipping refund first. If i got that response, neg away. If i got no response, I would have killed ALL the stars, blocked her, and maybe left a positive with comments on shipping.

70Chip

Aug 7, 2008
Zithy said:

Holy ****, that is funny!!!! Great line Zilthy!!!!

Definitely ding the DSR's and make appropriate comments. JMO

jeff550

May 5, 2009
burke
i wouldent leave a neg, just kill his dsr and put it in your feedback that he uses a pwe. but that is just me

Members online

Latest posts