Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Flea Market Pickup - Anybody Know About This Jason Bay?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
I was curious if anybody has info on this card I picked up yesterday. I loved the design/art on the front and couldn't pass it up. I know it's not going to be some super rare oddball, but I can't find a copy on ebay and Google has failed me. It was labeled 2007 in the sleeve, and seems to be from something involving the Pirates Kids Club. Any info is appreciated. I might collect the team set if the other cards have art like this.

scan0027.pngscan0028.png

I also picked up this card of a childhood favorite player of mine. It's the first I've ever seen in person. Again, nothing spectacular, but I like it.

scan0037.png scan0038.png

Also grabbed these for the heck of it :
scan0035.pngscan0033.pngscan0034.png

subject to change

Aug 7, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
I don't have my Wilson checklist in front of me at the moment, but I'm pretty sure 2007 is the correct date on the Bay. I believe it was a 10 or 15 card set which was given out the Pirates Kids Club members, all with that cartoon style artwork. Not incredibly rare per se, but I would suspect there can't be more than a couple thousand total sets produced. I have only seen them on one or two occasions in LCS' in the area.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
that is definitely from the 2007 Pirates Kid's Club set. the Pirates produce a set every year and mail them out to kids who join the club. I have never actually seen one of those. they are pretty cool.

if you decide you don't want it anymore I would be happy to take it off your hands :D .

very nice Jay Bell by the way. he was always on of my favorite Buccos. do you have any other Bell cards?

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Thanks for the info guys, it is much appreciated. I'd like to put the team set together since it is all artwork like that then, but I can't seem to find any. Oh well...time to enroll my 2 year old niece in the Pirates Kids Club for any future releases :lol:

pghbuccos said:
that is definitely from the 2007 Pirates Kid's Club set. the Pirates produce a set every year and mail them out to kids who join the club. I have never actually seen one of those. they are pretty cool.

if you decide you don't want it anymore I would be happy to take it off your hands :D .

very nice Jay Bell by the way. he was always on of my favorite Buccos. do you have any other Bell cards?
I really don't have anything else of Bell other than some base cards from the 90s I got as a kid. As I got older, I became a White Sox fan, and kind of shyed away from the Pirates, although I still watch a few games a year, and will grab something of the guys I remember playing when I was younger if it catches my eye.

I'll definitely keep you in mind if the novelty wears off.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
pghbuccos said:

STALKER STALKER

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
tramers said:
pghbuccos said:

STALKER STALKER
:lol:

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
Card Magnet said:
Thanks for the info guys, it is much appreciated. I'd like to put the team set together since it is all artwork like that then, but I can't seem to find any. Oh well...time to enroll my 2 year old niece in the Pirates Kids Club for any future releases :lol:

pghbuccos said:

I really don't have anything else of Bell other than some base cards from the 90s I got as a kid. As I got older, I became a White Sox fan, and kind of shyed away from the Pirates, although I still watch a few games a year, and will grab something of the guys I remember playing when I was younger if it catches my eye.

I'll definitely keep you in mind if the novelty wears off.

well if you can't find anymore you should just let the Bay live with all his other friends in my cardboard boxes :D

just kidding but if/when the novelty wears off just let me know and I can send you some old Pirates cards from the 80's & 90's aka when they were good.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
tramers said:
pghbuccos said:

STALKER STALKER

who me? :D

jeff550

May 5, 2009
burke
pghbuccos said:
tramers said:
pghbuccos said:

STALKER STALKER

who me? :D
I have he address. woops i shouldent have said that :oops: :oops: .

nice little pickups there magnet

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts