Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I N _ _ A N S

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Hey all, I normally don't post stuff in my collection, but I've recently made some acquisitions I think are pretty cool. Through some fortuitous contacts (thanks shephech), some wheeling and dealing, and basically spending way more than I should, here are six of the thirteen Grady Sizemore jumbo patches from Topps Unique:
2009-Unique-Jumbo-Patch-Groupsm-1.jpg

I've always hoped to be able to reconstitute a whole patch, but Sizemore hasn't been in many sets with jumbo patches, so it's tough to piece them together. Luckily, this bunch seems to have come from a single coherent item, the home uniform team logo. Here's approximately what it looks like based on a generic gif I found:
patchwork-1.jpg

I need to look for a better matching image, the stupid 'I' part is upside-down and they didn't seem to care for consistency in left/right orientation, but that's OK. I'm hoping the rest of the patches all come from this same logo, and, should I ever acquire them all, be able to complete reassemble the patch. At least in electronic form, I'm not ripping the patches out of the cards.

As always, anyone knowing the whereabouts of rare or high-end Sizemores, PLMK.

Jared

Oct 22, 2009
That's sweet. Thanks for sharing that. If I stumble across a piece I will let you know.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Just enriching it and making it all the more valuabler when the time comes.

Thanks for the nice comments, everyone.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Two more patches added, composite updated. The last one was a little disappointing, like getting an empty square on Concentration. But juicy stuff to come.

As always, if anyone has any, yatta yatta yatta.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Hoarding is fun, especially patch cards. If I see any, or run across any, I'll contact you :D

Good luck with the rest !

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I recently obtained #6/13, giving me 7 total. It's got to be all downhill from here, right?
2009-Unique-Jumbo-Patch-Group2sm.jpg

While adding it to my collage, I found that #9 was out of place (the little arc patch). I couldn't see how they'd get the whole patch in just 13 pieces, but then I remembered my Triple Threads Booklet patch.
2009-TTT-Booklet-1-1.jpg

The chunks from that one has dirt that matches the stuff on the Unique patches, and it seems to fit exactly, including the #4 part. I'm not sure about the #2, it's all solid red. Might be from the long underline, might not. Anyway, it's really coming together now.