Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Another Babe Ruth Game Used mailday w/ a Knute Rockne

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

francisjniskey

Oct 28, 2008
These just arrived today. I am using the Ebay scans because my scanner renders the cards nearly unrecognizable. LOL It's a piece of junk. The Babe Ruth was a lucky win. Both cards ended on the same day and I bid on them at work. I got on Ebay when I was bidding on the Knute Rockne and didn't check my Won auctions. I bid on the Ruth at home before I left for work and bid it up to $84. I had a high bid of $92 on it and I thought for sure someone would take it away with a higher bid. After I won the Rockne I checked my won auctions and saw I also won the Babe Ruth since no one else placed a bid on it. Sweet!!

05 Donruss Classics Babe Ruth bat Card #ed 5/25
RuthHRH.jpg

08 Donruss Sports Legends Knute Rockne #ed 4/5 (I got this for a steal of $81. The same card #ed/500 sold for $27 yesterday)
rockne.jpg

francisjniskey

Oct 28, 2008
LOL - Not sure but it is extremely thick and high off the card. I think it is either a sweater/uniform or coat piece. Kind of reminds me of some of the low print run Jim Thorpe material cards.

tonsofcommons said:
What is that Rockne? Game used coconut?

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008
I was watching that one, but I bought this one a few weeks ago for $40. It's /25 and the back says it was a coat worn in a collegiate game. It's an interesting swatch to be sure.

KnuteRockne2008DonrussClassics.jpg

francisjniskey

Oct 28, 2008
Cool card. Probably what the piece is on mine (collegiate game coat). I snagged the 08 Donruss Classics Knute Rockne piece last year #ed /25. I saw this one pop up and I wanted to get it. I was still blown away that the #ed /500 version sold for $27. There is one other one I have my eye out for but the only one I have found is in a store on Ebay for $250. It's kind of cool because Pat O'Brien played Knute Rockne in the Knute Rockne - All American Movie:

http://cgi.ebay.com/2008-KNUTE-ROCKNE-P ... 5d277fbcab

The back of mine just says this:
Bj-Rs2BmkKGrHqYH-C4Es-s5-dBLVnN-UbB.jpg

mrwhitesox30 said:
I was watching that one, but I bought this one a few weeks ago for $40. It's /25 and the back says it was a coat worn in a collegiate game. It's an interesting swatch to be sure.

KnuteRockne2008DonrussClassics.jpg

Members online

Latest posts