Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2010 Texas Rangers Fan Fest Haul!!!! PICS!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pudge1760

Aug 9, 2008
As some of you may remember, a few days ago I was supposed to be going to OKC to help restore power. My Company kept us on standby all day Friday and at 3:30 pm told us to come back at 5:00 am Saturday to go to Little Rock, Arkansas. Well, at 5:30 PM my supervisor called and said that the trip had been scrapped and that we would not be going anymore and to enjoy our weekend. I immediately resumed my plans of going to Rangers Fan Fest. I took my nephew who is 12 and is a huge Rangers fan. We stayed up late last night planning our day as to which autographs we would be getting and when. He like the current players and I tend to go for the Rc's and Prospects (thanks FCB). Anyways, I will spare you guys any more of the boring details and just show you the pics!!!!!

First the autograph baseballs:

Sorry about the pic. Thought it was in focus.

Elvis Andrus
IMG_4273.jpg

Mitch Moreland
IMG_4272.jpg

Justin Smoak
IMG_4271.jpg

Tanner Scheppers (Horrible Auto)
IMG_4274.jpg

Here are the Cards I got signed:
scan0001.jpg
scan0003.jpg
scan0004.jpg
scan0005.jpg

Beavan really seemed take aback by this card. He was in awe. He said "Man, the good ole days."
scan0002.jpg

Next I purchased some media guides and other items.

IMG_4282.jpg

IMG_4283.jpg

IMG_4284.jpg
Rich Harden was there making his first public appearance as a Texas Ranger and I did not have anything of his to sign so:
IMG_4289.jpg

IMG_4286.jpg
IMG_4287.jpg
IMG_4288.jpg

And lastly. My Favorite Purchase and start of a new project!!!! I got this for a whopping $10.
IMG_4280.jpg

This is a banner that was hanging in the Rangers' Clubhouse. I decided that it would be a great item to start getting autographs on. As you will see below, I got a bit of a head start.

IMG_4275.jpg

Darren Oliver and Brandon McCarthy
IMG_4276.jpg

Tommy "Big Game" Hunter
IMG_4277.jpg

Eric Hurley and Scott Feldman
IMG_4278.jpg

Max Ramirez
IMG_4279.jpg

All in all it was an amazing day. It was a bit cold but very well worth it. Sorry for the long read, but dangit, I had a blast and wanted to tell all of you about it.

P.S.
I will be hosting a few contests later on.

Thanks for reading.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
AWESOME !!! Love the flag ! Also, great auto's of Smoak and Beaven.

Congrats :p

pudge1760

Aug 9, 2008
55_marlins_sp said:

Thanks. Everyone there was commenting on the banner. They were all wondering were I got it and asking if there were any more. I was lucky. It was the last one they had.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
pudge1760 said:
55_marlins_sp said:

Thanks. Everyone there was commenting on the banner. They were all wondering were I got it and asking if there were any more. I was lucky. It was the last one they had.

Was Nippert there at all ? And how much, if you don't mind me asking, was a Smoak auto going for there ? Congrats again :D

pudge1760

Aug 9, 2008
55_marlins_sp said:
pudge1760 said:
[quote="55_marlins_sp":jgz4z7zh]AWESOME !!! Love the flag ! Also, great auto's of Smoak and Beaven.

Was Nippert there at all ? And how much, if you don't mind me asking, was a Smoak auto going for there ? Congrats again :D[/quote:jgz4z7zh]

No Nippert was not there. All autos at Fan Fest are FREE!!! Only thing is, only one auto per person. No Inscriptions, no posing for photos.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Good haul but man...rub those cards down if you are getting an auto on them. They will come out 10 times better. Especially the Chromes!

CAROLINA BOSOX

Aug 12, 2008
Goose Creek, SC
Looks like you had a great time, congrats. Did you get much time to talk to any of the players? If so how was Smoak? I hear he is a pretty cool kid. I have never met him but he grew up here and plenty of people have great things to say about him. Again congrats it looks like a good time.

pudge1760

Aug 9, 2008
CAROLINA BOSOX said:
Looks like you had a great time, congrats. Did you get much time to talk to any of the players? If so how was Smoak? I hear he is a pretty cool kid. I have never met him but he grew up here and plenty of people have great things to say about him. Again congrats it looks like a good time.

There wasn't much time to talk as the Rangers officials were running everyone through pretty quickly but you could see that certain players seemed generally happy to be there. Smoak was one of those people. He greeted everyone with a smile and would respond to questions very cordially. The player who was the most engaging was Elvis Andrus. This kid is something special. Not only with his play on the field, but with his interaction with the fans.

Members online

Latest posts