Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Card identity help... 1/1 aftermarket? or 1/1 buyback?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sneekc

Feb 1, 2009
Card is a 2001 Fleer Tradition #143. Stamps are pretty annoying but they are professionally done. The card is MINT also. Anyone have any info on this card as to why it's stamped 1/1?

martinez1of1.jpg

sneekc

Feb 1, 2009
Rickzcards said:
IndyMann said:
Some dumb aftermarket crap.
I agree, and a stupid one at that. Just stamping it once would have sufficed.
I agree about stamping it once, at least it is a 1/1 :lol:
Came in a lot that I practically stole. I was only interested in 1 card and got 8 or 9. This was part of it. I was going to try and check Beckett's checklists but that is a serious pain.

DaleMurphyCollector

Aug 7, 2008
Imagination Land
sneekc said:
Rickzcards said:
IndyMann said:
Came in a lot that I practically stole. I was only interested in 1 card and got 8 or 9. This was part of it. I was going to try and check Beckett's checklists but that is a serious pain.

It's not going to be on Beckett's checklists.

sneekc

Feb 1, 2009
DaleMurphyCollector said:
sneekc said:
Rickzcards said:
IndyMann said:

It's not going to be on Beckett's checklists.
I was being hopeful not retarded :benson:

I figured the card was some aftermarket crap but a guy can always hope for the best.

Jul 30, 2009
Gang, I have sold thousands of ball cards over the last 15 years, but what we are about to do now is insane.

Folks.....all I can say is get on the phone NOOOOOOOOW.

This is not a 1/1...This is not a double 1/1.....THIS IS A TRIPLE RED WHITE AND BLUE ONE OF ONE U.S.A. MASTERPIECE!

Kenny are you there? take it away.

What we have here is something youve never seen before, ITS SOMETHING YOU WILL NEVER SEE AGAIN!

I DONT KNOW WHERE MY VENDOR GOT IT FROM AND I WONT NT EVEN LOOK AT HOW MUCH MONEY I AM LOSING ON THIS BUT YOU BETTER LOCK IN NOW BEFORE I LOOK AT MY INVOICE.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
011873 said:
Gang, I have sold thousands of ball cards over the last 15 years, but what we are about to do now is insane.

This is not a 1/1...This is not a double 1/1.....THIS IS A TRIPLE RED WHITE AND BLUE ONE OF ONE U.S.A. MASTERPIECE!

What we have here is something youve never seen before, ITS SOMETHING YOU WILL NEVER SEE AGAIN!

I DONT KNOW WHERE MY VENDOR GOT IT FROM AND I WONT NT EVEN LOOK AT HOW MUCH MONEY I AM LOSING ON THIS BUT YOU BETTER LOCK IN NOW BEFORE I LOOK AT MY INVOICE.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
011873 said:

Are they limiting it to 3 per caller? Are the phone lines jammed? KKKKEEEENNNNYYYY!!!!!!!! This is incredible! Gem mint 10 triple 1/1!(set goes silent as Don has a minor T.I.A. and rolls to the ground. :eek:

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Even as an Edgar Martinez collector, I woudn't want it as it's an after market piece of crapola..

The 1/1's on the card make it look very ugly in my opinion..

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
sneekc said:
Rickzcards said:
IndyMann said:

I had seen a similar Edgar in a lot with a Berra Finest Auto among other cards. The seller had a poor picture and only a single USA 1/1 was visible as far as I can recall. Maybe this is that very card. If it is, nice win!

I know the Ichiro SuperCollector has many of these aftermarket sscanned on his site.

carrsallstars

Sep 16, 2009
If you send it to me I can add a fourth 2003 USA 1/1" stamp to the front in black and send it back to you....that would bring it up to a quadruple 1/1 and increase the value by 25% at least.... ;)

sneekc

Feb 1, 2009
nevermore said:
sneekc said:
Rickzcards said:
IndyMann said:

I had seen a similar Edgar in a lot with a Berra Finest Auto among other cards. The seller had a poor picture and only a single USA 1/1 was visible as far as I can recall. Maybe this is that very card. If it is, nice win!

I know the Ichiro SuperCollector has many of these aftermarket sscanned on his site.
Please don't share who that seller is, they list things as bad as it can get. I did pick up that lot for $27. The seller is insane also, they wrote me an email saying a bunch of crap about "we breath toxins everyday from our government, and you complain that the cards smell like cigarette smoke, blah blah blah." It was funny and all but the person is disturbed.

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
sneekc said:
nevermore said:
sneekc said:
Rickzcards said:
IndyMann said:

Please don't share who that seller is, they list things as bad as it can get. I did pick up that lot for $27. The seller is insane also, they wrote me an email saying a bunch of crap about "we breath toxins everyday from our government, and you complain that the cards smell like cigarette smoke, blah blah blah." It was funny and all but the person is disturbed.

Crazy, guy! I had actually stumbled across the lot by chance but I distinctly recall that Edgar. I was interested in another lower-end auto in that lot. I don't recall who the seller is anyways, even if I did I had no intentions of sharing. Again, nice win!

men_in_black.jpg

Members online