Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I know jason heyward's is the hot guy but....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boxbreaker

Aug 9, 2008
i am scratching my head at some of this

[ebay:k5ekrpdf]200431726059[/ebay:k5ekrpdf]

$10+ average for a base card or gold base?

chromerookies

Aug 7, 2008
Madison, Ct.
I just bought a 07' BDP Chrome Ref of Heyward's last Sat. for $17 dlvd and was looking to get 1 more so I can have 5 07' BDP Chrome Ref's, yeah, I guess thats not going to happen now!
I was watching 2 that closed today and the 1st one went for $30 incl s+h and the other one that ended a little while later closed for almost $37 incl s+h!!!!! :eek:

-Dan

Sean_C

Oct 21, 2009
Anyone know what the last 2007 Orange Refractor of Heyward sold for? I'm not looking to move mine (don't ask), but haven't seen one completed recently (ourside of a failed to sell BIN at $999, so I was curious

Jul 30, 2009
Happens all the time around now until March

biz.gif

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Sean_C said:
Anyone know what the last 2007 Orange Refractor of Heyward sold for? I'm not looking to move mine (don't ask), but haven't seen one completed recently (ourside of a failed to sell BIN at $999, so I was curious

Records say 204.19, but they could be wrong.

trevordchi

Aug 9, 2008
You guys should be starting to unload your stashes. Holding them now is just greedy! Look at Jay Bruce. Just as much hype and his cards plummeted after the initial spikes. I could name more names but do I really need to?

Aug 7, 2008
Maryland
pigskincardboard said:
Sean_C said:

I'd buy Orange Heywards for $204 all day and I don't have any interest in him.

I'd say $450-$550

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
THREADKILLER-crohrer said:
pigskincardboard said:
[quote="Sean_C":ypxwql53]Anyone know what the last 2007 Orange Refractor of Heyward sold for? I'm not looking to move mine (don't ask), but haven't seen one completed recently (ourside of a failed to sell BIN at $999, so I was curious

I'd buy Orange Heywards for $204 all day and I don't have any interest in him.

I'd say $450-$550[/quote:ypxwql53]

lol I was going to say, I would buy all 25 for $205 a piece and probably triple my money.

Wes

OG
Administrator
trevordchi said:
You guys should be starting to unload your stashes. Holding them now is just greedy! Look at Jay Bruce. Just as much hype and his cards plummeted after the initial spikes. I could name more names but do I really need to?

Bruce's biggest spike took place during the season, if you sold at this time you would have missed a lot.

trevordchi

Aug 9, 2008
Well how about Cameron Maybin, Alex Gordon, Colby Rasmus, Delmon Young, Homer Bailey....

Point is if you can cash out now and make a killing you're foolish not to. Holding now is just gambling. In the long run if you hold BA's top prospects into the season you are setting yourself up for disappointment. More will drop than continue to increase. Heyward may be the exception but I'm not a gambler.

ElwayHOf2004

Apr 4, 2009
I understand what you're saying, but again-none of those guys was on the prospect level of Heyward. I do remain shocked that Gordon didn't turn out to be more. But, Heyward is a rare talent and I have no issue with holding

boxbreaker

Aug 9, 2008
trevordchi said:

i am moving quite a few of mine as i added up the money i had spent and was shocked! i realize some of his stuff will skyrocket if he hits the ball a few times for the Braves, but i am satisfied with what i have been getting for my ebay auctions. i will keep a few because i am also a fan, he is a great kid and i hope he kills it in the spring.

i have to update my sig because 75% of that is now owned by someone else.

boxbreaker

Aug 9, 2008
pigskincardboard said:
Sean_C said:

your records are right. that was a card in the far east. they also sold it at a crazy time. i would say it would go for double that right now.

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
boxbreaker said:
pigskincardboard said:
Sean_C said:

your records are right. that was a card in the far east. they also sold it at a crazy time. i would say it would go for double that right now.

The last two golds have only gone for $142 and $180, and a recent gold went off with no bids at $239. There could be a buying frenzy though after his MiLB prospect ranking.

Members online