Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Gold Status AU /5 vs. Chrome Base Red-Refractor /5: Fluke?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Superfractor

Nov 14, 2009
The Front Range, Colorado
I just purchased my third gold status card from this year's Elite: A Kent Matthes Gold Status AU /5. I won it for 31.12, I believe? However, I also won a Matthes red when draft released for 57. Now, I know Chrome is king, and all that jazz, but the gold is an auto? Was it just simply a fluke, or is/was this expected?

Elite AU /5
Chrome red-base /5

aaron41984

Jun 22, 2009
A lot of people will buy any colored refractor with a premium on lower #ed parallels. Not many people are real fond of Elite parallels.

Superfractor

Nov 14, 2009
The Front Range, Colorado
aaron41984 said:
A lot of people will buy any colored refractor with a premium on lower #ed parallels. Not many people are real fond of Elite parallels.
Oh, I see. I appreciate the information. I would think an autographed parallel of the same SN, would be significantly higher?

i43770

Aug 7, 2008
Portland, OR
That is to be expected, at least with my guy. I paid almost 3 times as much for each of my non-auto'd 08 Bowman Chrome Orange #d/25 as I did to my auto'd 07 Elite Status auto #d/25

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
Being pictured in the team's jersey always helps over pics of players in college or HS uniforms in general.

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
Just a fact of more prospectors collecting chrome than collecting chrome AND elite.

In the end, if he's a star, your auto card is the one to have.

In my opin.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Sell prices seem to dictate the following two truths...

- Brand is #1 on the importance scale.
- Autograph is #2.
- Year is #3.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts