Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Trading Card Market Trending Up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigredmachine

Dec 16, 2009
It seems with all of the econonmy news and the lack of jobs the trading card market has once again survived. These past few weeks I have really seen an increase from boxes, prospects or gameused price wise. Maybe its just the timing due to new products coming out, spring fever or people getting huge tax refunds but I like it. Guys I have been buying up recently within 2 weeks have doubled in price and remained stable. Ultimate Collection is going crazy. Whats $500 for a jumbo patch these days. I love collecting but when I can make a little $$$ on the side it makes it even better.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
You also have to factor in that people got gift cards, money, ebay certificates for the holidays and they are still getting around to spending them. That always factors in right after Christmas/Hannukah/Kwanza as far as sales go. I would hope that you are correct and that the market is coming back from a slow period for sellers. I would think that as we go into Spring Training, people can tell more. Hopefully, we'll see sales continue to trend back up.

mazarazz

Aug 7, 2008
ive noticed this too and am looking forward to dumping the rest of what i've been holding onto. if only todd frazier could be the second coming and then id REALLY be happy.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
IMO A coupla factors are adding up to better sales:

1. The "late" 2009 products, especially Ultimate, have generated more interest among the hobby.
2. The variety of prospects "lists" coming out in the last couple of weeks.
3. The optismism of spring training. Neither of the Super Bowl teams are from "baseball" towns, especially the Northeast and Cali, giving the fans in those areas more time to spend on Baseball, and looking forward to Spring Training.

Members online