Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

If the Nationals sign Orlando Hudson...Your thoughts on them

How many games with the Nats Win

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
I was just thinking that the Nats have made some solid moves this off-season. How do you think this team will do this year? I do realize they aren't a "legit" contender, but at least they have solid Major leaguers all over the diamond now. Thoughts?

C- Pudge Rodriguez
1B - Adam Dunn
2B - Orlando Hudson
SS - Christian Guzman
3B - Ryan Zimmerman
OF - Nyjer Morgan
OF - Josh Willingham
OF - Elijah Dukes

SP - Jason Marquis
SP - John Lannan
SP - Scott Olsen
Sp - Jordan Zimmermann ( I hope)
Sp - Shairon Martis / Strasburg

(I am kind of guessing here on the bullpen)
RP - Tyler Walker
RP - Brian Bruney
RP - Jason Bergmann
CL - Matt Capps

Zymco

Nov 14, 2008
Bellflower, California
Ryan's going to pitch and play third? Just kidding Matt I know you meant Jordan. They have some good young peices and will have the first pick next year, there's a future here.

colts1888

Aug 28, 2008
NY
they have a considerably easy division other than the phillies as the mets look like trash, braves and marlins are a questionable team

I think they can surprise some people

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I am willing to bet they don't get 100 games each from Willingham, Dukes, Guzman, Ivan, and Dunn due to injuries. This band of retreads is the walking wounded.

bmc398

May 25, 2009
blanning71 said:
It would be nice to see them have some success this year, however, I am skeptical.
True that...this truly is the all potential team. It seems to me over the past 2 years they've had a shot to do a little damage but come late July their roster is decimated due to injuries. The tough part in this is that somebody has to lose a lot of games in that division and it won't be the Phils and while the Braves and Marlins have questionmarks on paper they are better than this team. Who knows if the Mets will ever be the same...last season still has to stick with them mentally even if they have their talent back.

So if they stay healthy they can surprise people...by winning 70+ and not finishing in last.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
I would be really happy if they didn't lose 100+ games this year. I think that sticks harder than finishing last in the division. The brass knows that its going to be a long process to get to the top and they have made some strides in acquiring players that will help put some W's on the books with Dunn, IRod, and most recently Strasburg. I don't want to see them over use Strasburg in an effort to get to the playoffs in one season. The kid has awesome stuff and it would be a shame if they burned him out too soon. Perhaps he can make a moderately positive impact this year stat-wise and that players like Storen and Zimmermann can pick up the slack on the mound and turn things around.

I hope they can do it. They have an exciting team to watch and it would be nice to see some on field success now that the brass has put faith into some folks and made some off season pickups.

jeff550

May 5, 2009
burke
well the word from the nats fest is at best zimmermann wont be pitching in the minor leagues untill July. and if anything happens with injuries theve got J.D. Martin, and Garret Mock who arent bad #5 guys. They also have a good mix of right and left handed reilvers. I think in a few years they could have a very legit shot at the playoffs. I think this team is a huge improvement over last years team. Lets go Nats. also if we dont sign Hudson we have Desmond who can play short. and Guzman could play 2nd. and dont forget Jesus Flores as a very solid backup for Rodriguez.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
I love the Nationals because I loved the Expos.

I also love Christian Guzman's ability to maintain an OBP in the mid to high 300's without taking a frackin' walk. Last year, he had an incredible streak going before he got injured (i think). I just remember looking at his statistics every couple months thinking, "My God, how is this possible".

I hope he comes back healthy and bounces back to his 70-73 percent O-Contact Rate because I love people that defy conventional wisdom. He was amongst the leaders in first strike percentage, and everything about him says that he should be awful. Then he goes and hits .360 for a few months.

Love the guy.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Pitching always helps. If Stras and Storen are both up, the team will benefit.

Latest posts