Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2010 Bowman Changes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Here is a recently sent in press release from topps.

Collectors highly-anticipating the first autographed cards of pitching phenom and # 1 pick Stephen Strasburg (image attached), will also be pleased to see a completely refreshed Bowman Baseball in 2010. Additions include an exclusive relic program and three new inserts. 2010 Bowman’s pack opening experience will be unmatched in the brand’s history!

Along with Triple Relics, a 1992 Throwback, Top 100 Prospects and the Bowman Expectations Insert, Stephen Strasburg Autographs will be in good company with the likes of Dustin Ackley (2nd overall pick) and Donovan Tate (3rd overall pick). In addition, highly-touted Cuban pitching prospect Aroldis Chapman will make his first appearance on a baseball card in a Major League uniform.

Every Hobby Box guarantees 1 Chrome Autographed Prospect and every Jumbo Box guarantees 3 Chrome Autographs (1 prospect + 2 rookies).

Each pack carries a $3 SRP and includes 10 cards (5 Vets/Rookies, 2 Prospects, 2 Chrome Prospects and 1 Gold Parallel)

The product in more detail…

BASIC CARDS (220)

· Veterans (190 subjects)

· Rookies (30 subjects)

· Bowman Chrome Autographed Rookie Cards (10 subjects)

PARALLEL CARDS

· Gold Parallel 1 per pack

· Blue-Bordered Parallel #’d to 500.

· Orange-Bordered Parallel #’d to to 250.

· Red 1-of-1 Parallel #’d 1/1. Hobby Only

· Printing Plates #’d 1/1.

INSERTS

· 1992 Bowman Throwback (100 subjects)

· Topps 100 Prospects (100 subjects)

· Bowman Expectations (50 subjects)

· Triple Relics (37 subjects)

· Prospects (110 subjects)

· Bowman Chrome Prospects (110 subjects)

Ø Purple Refractor Parallel #’d to 999. Retail Only!

Ø Refractor Parallel #’d to TBD.

Ø Blue Refractor Parallel #’d to 250.

Ø Gold Refractor Parallel #’d to 50.

Ø Orange Refractor Parallel #’d to 25.

Ø Red Refractor Parallel #’d to 5. Hobby Only

Ø Super-Fractor Parallel #’d 1/1. Hobby Only

Ø Printing Plates #’d 1/1.

· Autographed Bowman Chrome Prospects (22 subjects )

· EXCLUISVE Stephen Strasburg Autograph (1 subject)

note the refractor structure.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
cgilmo said:

Unless I'm missing something, this appears to be the only "change" since the sell sheets for 2010 Bowman first released.

I assume that's the approximate print run of the Purples in 09 Draft Retail. Too bad they aren't numbered so that we could confirm this.

The real changes I'm wondering about will be to the checklist itself.

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
OMG, no more xfractors and blue refs are now /250???

Damn, I guess topps reads these boards (my poll on least favorite ref types!)!

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
NECpilgrims8 said:
No more xfractors.

Blue refs up to /250.

We now know how many purple refs there are.... /999.

MEH.

I agree....they need to stop messing around with the blue refractor numbering.

koal

Aug 7, 2008
cgilmo said:
koal said:
2nd year aroldis auto = suck it topps

they mention nothing about an autograph

i assumed he would be in company with stras, ackley, and tate. they've done it before, they'll do it again. they also have chrome and draft to squeeze an auto in.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
koal said:
cgilmo said:
koal said:
2nd year aroldis auto = suck it topps

they mention nothing about an autograph

i assumed he would be in company with stras, ackley, and tate. they've done it before, they'll do it again. they also have chrome and draft to squeeze an auto in.

I predict we'll see a Chapman 2nd year BC Autograph in his Reds uniform within 2010 Bowman Chrome this summer.

chromerookies

Aug 7, 2008
Madison, Ct.
so, we're only getting 1 prospect auto per Jumbo and 2 Rookie Auto's? thats sucks when there are only 10 rookie auto's to begin with, I was hoping for a 2 Prospect Auto/1 Rookie Auto per Jumbo, oh well,

-Dan

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
chromerookies said:
so, we're only getting 1 prospect auto per Jumbo and 2 Rookie Auto's? thats sucks when there are only 10 rookie auto's to begin with, I was hoping for a 2 Prospect Auto/1 Rookie Auto per Jumbo, oh well,

-Dan

If collation is as inconsistent as I expect it to be, I'm guessing we'll see two Prospect BC Autos per Jumbo instead of one for the majority of boxes.

carlitoson

Aug 7, 2008
This release seems to confirm that the RC autos will be on chrome, but the previous info stated the print runs for the RC autos would be 500 blues and 250 oranges (normal runs for base Bowman autos).

Either way, I imagine there will be folks chasing Dunn, Thole and Stubbs (how long have Reds fans been waiting for this?!). If they are in fact on chrome and have the normal refractor parallels, that would be even sweeter.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
cgilmo said:

Collectors highly-anticipating the first autographed cards of pitching phenom and # 1 pick Stephen Strasburg (image attached), will also be pleased to see a completely refreshed Bowman Baseball in 2010. Additions include an exclusive relic program and three new inserts. 2010 Bowman’s pack opening experience will be unmatched in the brand’s history!

Along with Triple Relics, a 1992 Throwback, Top 100 Prospects and the Bowman Expectations Insert, Stephen Strasburg Autographs will be in good company with the likes of Dustin Ackley (2nd overall pick) and Donovan Tate (3rd overall pick). In addition, highly-touted Cuban pitching prospect Aroldis Chapman will make his first appearance on a baseball card in a Major League uniform.

Every Hobby Box guarantees 1 Chrome Autographed Prospect and every Jumbo Box guarantees 3 Chrome Autographs (1 prospect + 2 rookies).

You would think/hope, that given the checklist of only 10 rookie autos, that this will be flipped.

aaron41984

Jun 22, 2009
mredsox89 said:
cgilmo said:

You would think/hope, that given the checklist of only 10 rookie autos, that this will be flipped.

+1
This is like God smiting me for preordering Jumbo's.
WTF?

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
aaron41984 said:
mredsox89 said:
cgilmo said:

+1
This is like God smiting me for preordering Jumbo's.
WTF?

Even if it is 2 RC and 1 chrome, i still don't see an advantage to buying hobby. The price difference isn't that big, and 16 RC autos would definitely cover that imo

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
Jaypers said:
cgilmo said:

Unless I'm missing something, this appears to be the only "change" since the sell sheets for 2010 Bowman first released.

I assume that's the approximate print run of the Purples in 09 Draft Retail. Too bad they aren't numbered so that we could confirm this.

The real changes I'm wondering about will be to the checklist itself.

I don't think we can gather anything about 2009 purples from the 2010 purple print run. Even after pack in rates, we'd have to know how much was really produced of each to figure that out.

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
masonphillip said:
NECpilgrims8 said:
No more xfractors.

Blue refs up to /250.

We now know how many purple refs there are.... /999.

MEH.

I agree....they need to stop messing around with the blue refractor numbering.

I think this effectively lowers the value of ALL blue refractors even in older products.

Why?

Collectors from now on (if they dont drop it again) will assume blue refractors are of a certain level of rarity (in this case, 250 copies).

If you dont believe me, ask a noob collector what a 2002 Zach Greinke Refractor is serial numbered to.

If they say, i don't know, probably between 500-599 or maybe not even numbered at all, you'll see my point.

marterburn

i actually like Xfractors. seeing them go sucks. i loved the tighter checker pattern they used in 09 BC, it popped pretty well. then in BDP they want back to the regular pattern. I will agree there's something about the regular pattern in 09 that was just kinda...faded. maybe because they insist upon printing white & black on the borders instead of leaving them unprinted "chrome", i'm not sure.

and now blue refractors basically = xfractors. bad idea. i would have been content with a replacement color, but not this.

i also am in the minority in that i do not like purple refractors, it's just a color preference. i do like they they will be numbering retail-only cards though.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
I just got an update from topps correcting an error in thier release

Just a note… the release I sent out on Bowman said there would be 1 Chrome Prospect Auto and 2 Rookie Chrome Autos in the Jumbos.

It should be 2 Chrome Prospect Autos and 1 Rookie Chrome Auto

DaleMurphyCollector

Aug 7, 2008
Imagination Land
cgilmo said:
I just got an update from topps correcting an error in thier release

Just a note… the release I sent out on Bowman said there would be 1 Chrome Prospect Auto and 2 Rookie Chrome Autos in the Jumbos.

It should be 2 Chrome Prospect Autos and 1 Rookie Chrome Auto

Even better!

Members online

Latest posts