Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is Upper Deck cleaning out the closet? 2 packs 2010 Series 1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sfnorton

Aug 9, 2008
Alameda, CA
MaxSherzerPatch.jpg

Just wanted to look at the product. Don't know if I was lucky or they are just loading this year's products.

subject to change

Aug 7, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
Very nice pull! Do you have scans of any of the base cards? I'm interested to see what the base design looks like, since they never released any promo images for the product.

subject to change

Aug 7, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
vwnut13 said:
Those logos certainly aren't 'shopped out!

:shock:

Bye Bye Upper Deck!

The photos are much like those in Ultimate. They have the hat logos in full view, but the lettering on the front of the jerseys is always obscured. UD obviously feels confident they have some kind of legal argument that would permit them to use hat logos, while still obscuring any patches, jersey script, or other incidents of team logos. Whether that argument holds up or not is another story. But they were obviously making a calculated legal stance with these products. Should be interesting to watch the fireworks.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
subject to change said:
vwnut13 said:
Those logos certainly aren't 'shopped out!

:shock:

Bye Bye Upper Deck!

The photos are much like those in Ultimate. They have the hat logos in full view, but the lettering on the front of the jerseys is always obscured. UD obviously feels confident they have some kind of legal argument that would permit them to use hat logos, while still obscuring any patches, jersey script, or other incidents of team logos. Whether that argument holds up or not is another story. But they were obviously making a calculated legal stance with these products. Should be interesting to watch the fireworks.

Didn't Donruss get in BIG trouble for showing half of the script on the front of a jersey?

It seems UD wanted to hide the hat logos when showing close up shots though.

subject to change

Aug 7, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
MLBP was preparing a suit against Donruss, which was dropped when the Panini sale took place. So the case was never actually tested in court. MLBP had been making some pretty ridiculous claims, including that minor league players were property of MLBP, and thus couldn't appear in any independent sets, like Razor or Donruss EEE, if I recall correctly.

UD seems to have some type of strategy, which their lawyers feel they can win. For the sake of the hobby, I hope they are correct.

Members online

Latest posts