Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2010 Topps Blasters: Target vs Wal-Mart--The Throwdown!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
Okay, so I went to Wally's looking specifically for cards, and to Target to get other stuff and look for cards. At both places, new cards were being put out, so I had first chance to feel up--er, I mean pick out whatever I wanted. Went with a Blaster of 2010 Topps from each, and picked up an Upper Deck 2010 Blaster, too. Here's the tale of the tape--

Wal-Mart: Ten packs per box. In each Blaster is one commemorative patch--like last year's. Every Blaster will have one--plus they have two packs of their exclusive Black Backgrounds.

Black: White Sox Franchise, Drew Stubbs, Cesar Ramos, Prince Fielder (keeper, don't ask), Jon Garland, Adam Wainwright, Tommy Hanson (Gilmo, you like?) Joe Mauer (Super Keeper!!!) Howie Kendrick, Skip Schumacher.
Patch: Willie Stargell 1971 WS
Cards Mom Threw out (1:3) 57 Frank Robinson, 70 Steve Carlton
Mom's Cards Original Back (1:10) 86 Tony Gwynn
History of the Game (1:6) 2
Tales of the Game (1:6) 2-Mantle, Mazeroski
Turkey Red (1:4) Lincecum, Ethier
Peak Performance (1:4) Ibanez, Chipper Jones
When They Were Young (1:8) Yadier Molina
Lengendary Lineage (1:4) McCovey/Howard, Carter/Wright, Schmidt/Longoria
Two Million Card Giveaway codes
10 Topps Town including a Gold Brian McCann

Not counting Topps Town, Black Backgrounds, and the patch, 15 inserts. Let's see what the Bullseye has to offer...

Target box. Ten packs per box. Exclusives in single packs at Target have been the 1951 Red Backs. No mention on the boxes, and I did not pull any, so they are exclusive to loose packs. The Target Blaster exclusive is Throwback Parallels. These have been tough to pull in the past, but that's all messed up now. These cards feature the old Topps logo with a paper stock back. Very easy to identify.

Throwbacks: Howie Kendrick, Skip Schumacher, (deja vu) Josh Beckett, Andrus/Kinsler, Milton Bradley, Matt LaPorta, Pirates Franchise, Juan Pierre, Daniel Murphy, Joe Mauer (sweet! If I'm gonna get both retail parallels, Joe is the way to go. I'm so relieved!)
Patch: David Wright Final Season of Shea Stadium
Cards Mom Threw out (1:3) 67 McCovey, 68 Mantle, 77 Reggie, 86 Gwynn
Mom's Cards Original Back (1:10) 52 Mantle, 62 Mantle--killed the odds in a big way! I know the 52 has been reprinted 50 ways, but there's still something cool about pulling one.
History of the Game (1:6) 1 (Ripken 2131)
Tales of the Game (1:6) 1 (Manny Being Manny)
Turkey Red (1:4) CC Sabathia, Stephen Drew
Peak Performance (1:4) Christy Matthewson, Johnny Mize
When They Were Young (1:8) Russell Martin, Daniel McCutchen
Lengendary Lineage (1:4) Ryan/Grienke, Yaz/Youkilis, Cobb/Granderson
Gold Parallel (1:20)--Really? Wow. Zack Greinke 1594/2010
One Million Card Giveaway codes
10 Topps Town including a Gold CC Sabathia
And I got an SP of Carlos Gomez as a Milwaukee Brewer, no odds given on SP's.

Not counting Topps Town, Throwbacks, and the patch, 19 inserts.

So who wins? Target gets an edge due to more inserts, but just barely. Pulling three Mantles really helped push them over. Scans will be up in a few.

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
Scans--Wal-Mart box:

2010topps.jpg

Target box:

2010topps_0001.jpg

Also bought one of the hanging "Fat Packs" and pulled the following--
When They Were Young (1:3) Brian Roberts
Turkey Red: Pablo Sandoval
Cards Mom Threw: Pujols (yay!)
Legendary Lineage: Gibson/Lincecum
Peak Performance: Matthewson
No odds given for all the other stuff, and got a Million Card code. sSix inserts in one Fat Pack is pretty cool.

subject to change

Aug 7, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
Love the Stargell patch! I might have to go grab a few blasters and see if I can pull one. I'm glad they brought the Wal Mart black's back. I got a few signed in gold sharpie at Piratefest, and they look amazing.