Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Finally Here! Manning Mail Day!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
I appreciate the patience while I vented for the last 24 hours about the USPS taking 2 days for next day delivery. I have no reason to believe this card is not legit given the stamping, colors, holographic foil and "prime jersey" notation. Still, these cards make me nervous considering the crooks in the hobby. It will probably be sent for authentication after I enjoy it for at least a day as I would be a little more comfortable with it in a slab. Hopefully none of you are about to tell me this card is not legit...

smallerfront.jpg
smallerback.jpg

jeff550

May 5, 2009
burke
sick, and that card is 100% legit, there are no other cards with the perfect hape for a full shield. As a Manning fan i am drooling over that pickup

Viking4Alpha

Aug 10, 2008
Congrats man!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

As far as authenticity concerns goes, there need not be any. Tim owns his Heath Miller as seen above and I used to own the Devin Hester logo from the same year. I've never even heard of of one of these being an attempted forgery.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Snyper said:
Congrats man!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

As far as authenticity concerns goes, there need not be any. Tim owns his Heath Miller as seen above and I used to own the Devin Hester logo from the same year. I've never even heard of of one of these being an attempted forgery.
I've seen quite a few like that, and have never heard of any forgeries. You're fine, and in possession of a legit and amazing card.

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
Thanks for the comments folks, especially in regards to the authenticity. I've been staying away from the logo patch cards on purpose for years but a card like this makes me feel more comfortable. I may have given too much but I can live with what I gave. I certainly do not buy a lot of cards and a logo patch is one that has been on my wish list. I know I will never own a Manning gamer so this is the next best thing. I thought about all of our discussions about the values of these things and after a lot of thought I figured it was time to buy. The last Manning gamer on NFL Auctions pushed $10K if my memory is right. It's one thing if Manning has a contract and can get game worn jerseys to a company to make cards. However, I can't see companies dropping a ton of coin to keep making these cards. I can see a future of event worn or incorporating shield logos from armbands or other gear besides jerseys.

You'll probably remember that I picked up the '09 Dallas Clark shield a week or so ago. With that being said I will probably be looking out for other Indy shields. If a card is in the LCM checklist does it automatically mean there is a shield produced? Is there a checklist for shield cards? I am curious which other Indy players have these cards out there.

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
coltsnsox07 said:
Hey you got a NFL shield from the year they won the Super Bowl, good sign...

Agreed! I just realized that I'm going to have to watch for the Topps Super Bowl 44 memorabilia cards. I presume Topps still has the contract for SB memorabilia cards?

Groat

Feb 7, 2009
RITM said:
coltsnsox07 said:

Agreed! I just realized that I'm going to have to watch for the Topps Super Bowl 44 memorabilia cards. I presume Topps still has the contract for SB memorabilia cards?

Topps no longer has a license to make NFL cards.

bmp1

Dec 31, 2008
That card is great looking. You do not find to many with the whole shield on them. Congrats.

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
Groat said:
RITM said:
coltsnsox07 said:

Topps no longer has a license to make NFL cards.

That might be a problem then.

Members online

Latest posts