Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Grading Question Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jlyles

Jan 28, 2010
I'm just curious, I recently purchased this and it was graded a BCCG 10 (I cracked it out). Do you think that someone graded it with BGS with a minimum grade that wasn't met, so they asked it to be slabbed BCCG instead? I'm new to this grading thing, but would really like to submit it to the FCB February group grading, but would only do so if it looks pretty solid (at least a 9, but would really like a 9.5).

Also, would the auto be a 10? Or would it be docked for running onto the "P" circle thing.

Thanks in advance for any help, sorry if this is a super-noob type question.

davidprice-1.jpg

leatherman

Aug 7, 2008
The Atlanta suburbs
jlyles said:
I'm just curious, I recently purchased this and it was graded a BCCG 10 (I cracked it out). Do you think that someone graded it with BGS with a minimum grade that wasn't met, so they asked it to be slabbed BCCG instead? I'm new to this grading thing, but would really like to submit it to the FCB February group grading, but would only do so if it looks pretty solid (at least a 9, but would really like a 9.5).

Also, would the auto be a 10? Or would it be docked for running onto the "P" circle thing.

Thanks in advance for any help, sorry if this is a super-noob type question.

If you are talking about the autograph going into the circle used to designate the player's position, there is no need to worry.

The only people I know that use BCCG are bulk graders who slab BCCG 10s when the cards get rejected from a minimum 9.5 BGS order. I would give 10:1 odds that this card failed BGS 9.5 criteria, and was sent down the hall to BCCG for slabbing.

There is a chance you will get a 9.5, but you will more than likely receive a 9 or an 8.5.

David

jlyles

Jan 28, 2010
1995BBRefractorGuy said:
or it's trimmed...

I was curious about that the other day and I eyeballed it and it was exactly the same size as a few of my other cards.

Members online

Latest posts