Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Predictions for UFC® 87 SEEK AND DESTROY

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikekarlovec

Aug 7, 2008
Hobbs, NM
Let me know who you think will come out on top.

here are my guesses

GSP 1st round TKO
Brock Lesnar 2nd round TKO
Roger huerta
Manny Gamburyan
jason macdonald

rob167

Aug 7, 2008
Ankeny, Iowa
My picks:

Georges St-Pierre > Jon Fitch - By Submission/TKO
Heath Herring > Brock Lesnar - By Submission/TKO
Roger Huerta > Kenny Florian - By Decision
Manny Gamburyan > Rob Emerson - By Submission/TKO
Demian Maia > Jason MacDonald - By Decision

If you like to bet and win, bet the opposite of above prediction. :)

peaceandlove

Aug 7, 2008
rob167 said:
My picks:

Georges St-Pierre > Jon Fitch - Submission (this will be very close...either George subs him or Fitch wins by decision)
Brock Lesnar - By TKO in last round
Roger Huerta > Kenny Florian - By Decision
Manny Gamburyan By TKO
Jason MacDonald - By Completely Destroying Maia in every way

G

I hope that Brock's fight goes got a while. I don't want some quick 1 minute fight like his one with Mir. I want to see what he's got.

Going to be a great PPV overall. I am stoked.

peaceandlove

Aug 7, 2008
man, i didn't do too well on this one. at least i got lesnar winning right....not the right way though. he did dominate that entire fight. pretty impressive.

G

What I said I wanted to happen in the Lesnar fight happened, and he proved me right.

He's the real deal. Dude is a BEAST!!!

You could obviously tell that his jiu jitsu game needs mucho work, but how ground is GREAT, he's a powerful monster, and he's got punches like a freaking wrecking ball.

I was so entertained during that fight. It was the highlight of the card.

The Huerta fight was awesome too. They all were. GREAT PPV! Best PPV of the year.

peaceandlove

Aug 7, 2008
Sam Banks said:
What I said I wanted to happen in the Lesnar fight happened, and he proved me right.

He's the real deal. Dude is a BEAST!!!

You could obviously tell that his jiu jitsu game needs mucho work, but how ground is GREAT, he's a powerful monster, and he's got punches like a freaking wrecking ball.

I was so entertained during that fight. It was the highlight of the card.

The Huerta fight was awesome too. They all were. GREAT PPV! Best PPV of the year.

i didn't think it was the PPV of the year. there were too many one sided fights to be that. Lesnar showed he worked on his sub defense alot. there were a few times where i thought herring had him but he blocked them or got out of them. had that happened to him a few months ago, he would have lost. definitely looking forward to his next fight which i'd imagine has to be Congo.

G

More thoughts, I was really tired last night....

Well, the UFC pay per view did not disappoint last night. It was awesome from start to finish.

I LOVED the Brock Lesnar vs Heath Herring fight the most though. It was the one I was looking forward to the most.

Brock came right out of the shoots after the start of the fight and layed Herring on his butt with a vicious punch to the face, busting his eye open really good right at the start. By the time the first round was over, Herring's left eye was completely swolen shut.

He dominated the fight from the start, and Herring got little offense in. Just a few elbows and knees.

Brock had him up against the cage standing up, and was just laying the knees into his side. I thought one of them was going to make him collapse to the ground, but Brock held him up.

When they were on the ground, Lesnar was kneeing him in the back so damn hard, just over and over. It was brutal.

You could just tell that Brock was just overpowering him completely. He could do anything with him he wanted to, and just pretty much controlled his every move.

The fight went the distance, Brock won by unanimous decision, and by the end bot of Herrings eyes were pretty much swolen shut and he was cut open very badly on his cheek.

I think Brock proved a ton last night. It was OBVIOUS that his Jiu Jitsu needs a ton of work, but this was just his THIRD MMA fight of all time, and with more experience, he will get even better. Which is scary.

Herring said that he hoped that Lesnar would stand up and punch with him. Well, he got what he wanted, and when he did, he was layed out on his butt everytime.

I was a little put off with Brocks showboating during the fight though. Was kind of classless, but it will earn him a lot of money if he continues to win. He was on Herring's back bobbing his head and smiling. Then after one of the rounds he pushed him. And after the fight he was LITERALLY laughing at him, and then he lassoed him and then reeled him in, after acting like he was riding a horse! It was actually pretty funny now that I think about it, but I can see some people being put off about it.

You can definetly see the former pro wrestler showman in him. He's cocky, he's brash, and he will beat the ever loving crap out of you in the octogan.

There were a few times when they were on the gound when I thought it could be just seconds away from Brock being caught in an arm bar or something and be forced to tap, but everytime it looked like Herring was in position to gain an advantage Brock's overwhelming power came through and he got out of it. He was in the EXACT SAME position he was in the Mir fight, in standing over Herring holding his legs, and I am screaming at the TV about how that's what made him lose the last time and not to make that same mistake twice! He didn't, and it was awesome.

G

This was the first punch of the fight that literally made Herring fall backward and so a backward summersault.

ufc87_09_lesnar_vs__551301a.jpg

ufc87_09_lesnar_vs__551303a.jpg

Brock must REALLY like beef jerkey.

brock-new_682x400_551191a.jpg

Bosox3

Aug 7, 2008
Brock is good but against anybody w/ some real talent..He'd get smoked.

I do have to say he improved but still has alot more to go.

Members online

Latest posts