Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2010 Topps Hat Logo question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Just want to make sure, so I'll ask. Are these from actual GU hats or are they the great manufactored patches that we've been bombarded with ?

There's a JJ up and I wanna know if it's worth a high bid or it's just crap that I can hopefully get down the road for a more collector friendly price.

- Dave.

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
I don't want to ruin the surprise for you, but take a look at the numbering of the card, as well as the wording.

Edit - there's not a scan of the back of the Johnson, but take a look at some others in the set that have scans of both sides. Do you really think Topps would buy a season's worth of hats of each player in the set?

Definitely a cool piece if you can pick one up on the cheap though. Just like the "manufactured" logomans, the physical material contained in each card is identical, you're just paying an extra $250 for the provenance of the player possibly having worn it.

AmishDave

Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I figured since they were #'d to 99 that they weren't real, plus it's Topps.

Just wanted to make 100% sure. If I see 55/99, I'll have to spend on that though ...

Thank you for the info :p

jswaykos

Dec 10, 2009
San Diego, CA
Also just look at the crappy quality of the logo from modern players - you can buy a $30 hat with a better logo! Still fun cards, though, and I wouldn't mind pulling one.

baseballguy350

Dec 7, 2008
Boston, MA / Longboat Key, FL
Pedroia has 3 in the checklist, and I was thinking they would be a nice little piece to add to the PC.

I can't justify spending $50 on this http://cgi.ebay.com/2010-TOPPS-DUSTIN-P ... 20af340dc4

when I could by this for $50 too...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWNX:IT

I'll take the superfractor for the PC all day, and hope that the average collector realizes that it is a manufactured patch, so I can pick one up for closer to $10. It doesn't help that in the one and only hobby box I saw opened of this at the LCS, the hat logo patch of Fergie Jenkins was the ONLY "hit". The box states one game used or autograph per box on average. I can see how the average collector could think of this as game used.

AmishDave

Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I know there was one up at $9.99 with one bid and one with a $17.99 BIN (which isn't terrible, but I'll still wait).

Members online

Latest posts