Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BRAVES caravan -

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cmixer

Aug 9, 2008
Mon., Feb. 1
Publix Super Market
Marietta, GA

In attendance:
Chipper Jones
Tim Hudson
Kris Medlen - forgot to meet him if he was there
Peter Moylan - relief pitcher
David Ross - backup catcher
Chino Cadahia - the current bench coach
Brad Clontz - member of the 1995 Atlanta Braves World Series Championship team
Brian Jordan - dual athlete from 1998/99

The line was 150+ deep when I showed up two hours early.
By the time the event started, the line was easily 1/4 mile long.
They signed for 2 hours, and it took me almost that whole time to get to the front of the line.
I bet very few people after me got autographs.
I think small kids were ushered to the front of the line (which is okay with me) because the line moved SLOW.

Here's some pics:

CHIPPER -
chip033.jpg

HUDSON -
hud039.jpg

MOYLAN -
moy035.jpg

ROSS -
ross37.jpg

ROSS signing my bat - (one item per person)
ross38.jpg

blurry pic of Chipper's auto ("Go Bolles") - we went to the same high school -
bolles40.jpg

blurry pic of Ross' auto ("Go Gators") - we went to the same college -
gat041.jpg

>> Now for the crazy story ...
So I was chatting up the people around me while I wait for almost FOUR hours. The dude next to me had to be the most HARDCORE Braves collector ever. His wife divorced him because of his collection. Everything is framed & hanging because he gets free displays where he works as a museum designer. He has had Braves season tickets right behind the Braves dugout since he was a child, and has met almost every Braves player since the 70's. - The dude loves Hank Aaron so much, he has a signed baseball from every pitcher that EVER gave up a homerun to him. - He has over 100 Batting Order cards from the dugout, and had each of the signers sign their first/rookie lineup card. - He has a row of old bleachers from the old stadium mounted in front of a bigscreen TV, so he can watch away games "in the bleachers." - like i said ... NUTS! (i love it) - Anyways .. a long day, but worthwhile.

GAbballplayer148

Aug 13, 2008
I hate you Chris! Just kidding, I dropped by about 5:15 or so on my way to school and saw the line stretched back almost to Home Depot so I decided it was not worth missing class. Glad to see you got a few players auto's.

Members online