Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Please educate me 2008 Donruss threads Gold /50

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
Hello

I recently won a 2008 Jesus Montero Donruss Threads Gold /50 for $3.49 DLVD

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWNX:IT

I know it is not autographed, not chrome or a refractor but I would have thought a player as hot as Montero cards have been selling this would have gone a little higher. I am not complaining, I am happy with the buy. I have viewed other auctions that ended for 2008 Threads Gold cards and they did not sell for very much either.

Is 2008 Threads not considered a very collectible product? Is this not considered a RC and thus it did not get any attnetion for potential buyers? Please let me know what i am missing if anything.

thank you

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
To me it shows that people who buy Montero have a particularly narrow focus! Not sure if this bodes well for Montero as a prospect.

Huffamaniac said:
Hello

I know it is not autographed, not chrome or a refractor but I would have thought a player as hot as Montero cards have been selling this would have gone a little higher. I am not complaining, I am happy with the buy. I have viewed other auctions that ended for 2008 Threads Gold cards and they did not sell for very much either.

Is 2008 Threads not considered a very collectible product? Is this not considered a RC and thus it did not get any attnetion for potential buyers? Please let me know what i am missing if anything.

thank you

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
that is one theory. Anyone else?

uniquebaseballcards said:
To me it shows that people who buy Montero have a particularly narrow focus! Not sure if this bodes well for Montero as a prospect.

Huffamaniac said:
Hello

thank you

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
well, his basic sells for .75 and the gold is 8 times that. So i figure 5-6 bucks for the card? so you did very well!