Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

==========The Morning Thread==========

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wideright

Aug 7, 2008
Good morning. So I opened my auctions up to ship internationally. :benson: This is an experiment to see what kind of mess it makes. How are you guys?

Resident Bay Fan

Aug 7, 2008
Northern Maine
Morning guys. Just stopping in for a few until I have to pick up a friend that's helping me move some stuff today, and work on my "room". How's things been going around here?

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
Morning Dan, George, Dave & Art! Definitely ready for the weekend here! Dave, Beware the Korean buyer. Had an issue that went to the buyers favor even though I had the receipt showing I had sent the card. All they had to do was say non-receipt, wait out the process and they may very well have gotten the card for free. I'm envious of your Man Cave, Art! One day, I'm just going to convert our fourth bedroom and it will be my domain. :D

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Up and at em early today huh George?

GL Dave, I stopped that about a year ago.

Morning Art/Dave

wideright

Aug 7, 2008
Thanks for the advice guys. I've only shipped outside the US a handful of times, and (knock on wood) have had zero issues. Maybe I've been lucky. But, the ones who have asked me (from Canada and Taiwan) both have good feedback so I'll take a chance... this time. If it doesn't work out then I'll probably never do it again.

trevordchi

Aug 9, 2008
Good morning fellas. Hard to get excited about Friday when you have to work on Saturday but at least it's not Monday!

Resident Bay Fan

Aug 7, 2008
Northern Maine
69MetsFan said:
Morning Dan, George, Dave & Art! Definitely ready for the weekend here! Dave, Beware the Korean buyer. Had an issue that went to the buyers favor even though I had the receipt showing I had sent the card. All they had to do was say non-receipt, wait out the process and they may very well have gotten the card for free. I'm envious of your Man Cave, Art! One day, I'm just going to convert our fourth bedroom and it will be my domain. :D

Good morning and thank you Dave. It will be great getting my own room set up, even though it is rather small. I'm starting from scratch too, which means it will take awhile to finish it. Off comes the crappy wallpaper, and 2 layers of paint. Going to scrape, sand, patch, paint, all the walls, and the ceiling, and all the trim has to be stripped because of a lousy paint job the previous owner did.

It will be a bit crowded, but I'm sure I'll be able to deal with that. Hopefully, I can have it all done and set up within say, a month?

Also, I think I'll be offline for about a week "maybe". Getting cable and high speed internet(up to 13-14 MB PS), on Wed., so that will be a BIG improvement.

jumbojohnny

Aug 7, 2008
Good morning everybody.

Weekend should be great I got some great numbers in my box pools for the Supper Bowl, if I win I am slurging on some 2009 Ulitmate (singles, no wax).

I am looking forward to the flea market also. Last three weeks I have flipped a number of cards I found there for some nice profits. I think I found something art would like, but I dont know if its worth buying.

2001 Pacific Die Cut Insert (dont recall which) Piazza Graded 9 (dont recall which ocmpany either) Guy selling it wanted $20 for that and a Donruss Elite Promo #/500 Griffey Graded 9.

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
morning all, everyone here is going crazy. We are going to get dumped on starting today. 16 to 30 inches of snow.

Some schools are closed today and others are getting out early. It hasnt even started yet. Seems like we get all the big snows on the weekends. Just sucks. Use to love the snow as a kid, totally different once you have kids and are working.

I know they love snow days but it really is a pain in the ass.

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
Resident Piazza Fan said:
69MetsFan said:

Good morning and thank you Dave. It will be great getting my own room set up, even though it is rather small. I'm starting from scratch too, which means it will take awhile to finish it. Off comes the crappy wallpaper, and 2 layers of paint. Going to scrape, sand, patch, paint, all the walls, and the ceiling, and all the trim has to be stripped because of a lousy paint job the previous owner did.

It will be a bit crowded, but I'm sure I'll be able to deal with that. Hopefully, I can have it all done and set up within say, a month?

Also, I think I'll be offline for about a week "maybe". Getting cable and high speed internet(up to 13-14 MB PS), on Wed., so that will be a BIG improvement.

Are you going with a particular theme (big mural of Mike Piazza :D ) or basic color and the items will be the theme? I've already got the plans in my head of what I want, just have to convince HQ (wife) it's a good idea. ;)

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
All In Cards said:
morning all, everyone here is going crazy. We are going to get dumped on starting today. 16 to 30 inches of snow.

Some schools are closed today and others are getting out early. It hasnt even started yet. Seems like we get all the big snows on the weekends. Just sucks. Use to love the snow as a kid, totally different once you have kids and are working.

Morning Andrew. Shoveling snow is so over-rated. Trust me on this, so why bother shoveling it, it's going to melt anyway.

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
All In Cards said:

Morning, Andrew. If we get snow here, it would definitely be sign of the apocolypse! There's got to be some kids in the neighborhood that you could get to shovel snow. Just pay them with baseball cards. ;)

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
69MetsFan said:
Morning, Richard. How are you feeling today after they "tapped" you? :D
Fine! No headache but my lower back is a little sore and that was expected. I'm going to go lay
back down since they wife, said I have to stay laying down most of the day like yesterday.

Maybe on later for a few talk to you guys later.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Good morning boys! Bunch of early risers today. :lol:

Dave - I have shipped intl in the past. Your best bet is to include in your auctions the price of
intl s&h with tracking and signature confirmation. Should weed out a few unscrupulous bidders.

Art - Can't wait to see the cave when it's done!

Richard - I hope you are feeling ok today bud.

Dan - What are you hearing on radio and tv down there. All I am hearing here is "when the Colts do this"
and "when the Colts score". Nobody in Chicago is giving the Saints the slightest chance. :(

Good morning Dave, Andrew, Trev, and George!

descott77

Dec 4, 2009
Cleveland, Ohio
good morning everyone...extremely glad its friday...going to a show tomorrow and of course superbowl sunday...ill be rooting for whoever can net me my square numbers :lol:

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Morning Chas - if we listened to what we've heard, the game is already over, no need to bother showing up or anything. The hype machine is completely in Peytons corner from what I understand. I know the Saints are gonna have a TON of support for the game though. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts