Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Suspicious eBay message with poll

Should I?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

js0000001

Oct 1, 2008
Not to be like Raul Emanuel but this is retarded

Message is not from the auction winner but some guy with a feedback score of 2

"how are you doing my friend won the mattingly card and i just wanted to know where in brooklyn you live because my father could pick it up tommorrow if you live close.. you will get your money very fast and you dont have to worry about anything with the mail or paypal.. you will save paypal fees so if you could save my friend $1.99 it would be highly appreciated.. total would be $35 if you agree and something can be arranged..thank you prbasap.. what part of bklyn..thanks.."

this is the auction

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MESOX:IT

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
ooooffff red flag galore. Dont meet them what ever you do, you didnt sell on craigs list and saving 3.00 is hardly worth it. Besides sounds like a scam.

js0000001

Oct 1, 2008
If I were feeling generous I would contact buyer to confirm they had no relation

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
js0000001 said:
If I were feeling generous I would contact buyer to confirm they had no relation

Is the winner of the auction from ny also?

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
js0000001 said:
If I where you I would contact the buyer confirm if its their "friend", and if it isnt I would set up a metting to be an idiot in a "great" neighborhood :lol: . But even if it is their friend, tell them this isn't craigslist you dont meet people. Cause you could be either setting yourself up or sitting their waiting till whenever dad shows up.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
It is kinda weird that the winner didn't contact you himself, but I have to say... I once won a Jason Jennings pitching rubber thing, it was huge and the shipping was $15 but the seller was in Colorado Springs. We met at the LCS and did the exchange, it was kind of cool. Of course, I've also won several baseball cards from people locally and just paid the shipping because meeting up was a lot of work to save $3. But for $15 it was totally worth it!

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
I wouldn't bother reporting it, but you would be paying yourself less than minimum wage to meet up (and that's assuming that everything is on the up and up.)

Not to mention he agreed to the shipping costs when he won the auction. Reporting it just sets you up for more headaches. The less involved you get as a seller, the better IMO.

js0000001

Oct 1, 2008
mudflap02 said:
I wouldn't bother reporting it, but you would be paying yourself less than minimum wage to meet up (and that's assuming that everything is on the up and up.)

Not to mention he agreed to the shipping costs when he won the auction. Reporting it just sets you up for more headaches. The less involved you get as a seller, the better IMO.

amen to that

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
RL24 said:
It is kinda weird that the winner didn't contact you himself, but I have to say... I once won a Jason Jennings pitching rubber thing, it was huge and the shipping was $15 but the seller was in Colorado Springs. We met at the LCS and did the exchange, it was kind of cool. Of course, I've also won several baseball cards from people locally and just paid the shipping because meeting up was a lot of work to save $3. But for $15 it was totally worth it!

Which LCS was that?

muchuckwagon

Oct 8, 2008
Deceased
Who knows....maybe you guys hit it off, have a few drinks, spend the night together....start dating, adopt a few cats that you name Logan and Ralph, move in together, buy a Prius, get matching sweaters and celebrate three years later by getting married when that type of thing is legalized in NY/NJ.

And all of this is made possible by a simple ebay transaction. Isn't life grand?

js0000001

Oct 1, 2008
muchuckwagon said:
Who knows....maybe you guys hit it off, have a few drinks, spend the night together....start dating, adopt a few cats that you name Logan and Ralph, move in together, buy a Prius, get matching sweaters and celebrate three years later by getting married when that type of thing is legalized in NY/NJ.

And all of this is made possible by a simple ebay transaction. Isn't life grand?

Well I assume we share a common interest in cards but.....

Crash Davis

Aug 19, 2008
js0000001 said:

"how are you doing my friend won the mattingly card and i just wanted to know where in brooklyn you live because my father could pick it up tommorrow if you live close.. you will get your money very fast and you dont have to worry about anything with the mail or paypal.. you will save paypal fees so if you could save my friend $1.99 it would be highly appreciated.. total would be $35 if you agree and something can be arranged..thank you prbasap.. what part of bklyn..thanks.."

this is the auction

Tell him you live in the Marcy projects and see if he will still want to meet you.

js0000001

Oct 1, 2008
Crash Davis said:
js0000001 said:

this is the auction

Tell him you live in the Marcy projects and see if he will still want to meet you.

I am honestly only about 10 blocks away from there

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
muchuckwagon said:

chuckwagon has a one-track mind

and life is indeed grand

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
muchuckwagon said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

jlecates

Dec 4, 2008
Crash Davis said:
And tell him you want to shoot dice
[youtube:ur7na4yr]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ryq-DtnB8lE[/youtube:ur7na4yr]

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Mighty Bombjack said:
RL24 said:

Which LCS was that?

Dale'z Kardz & Komicz - Austin Bluffs & Academy

If you love to maneuver through kids battling each other on the floor so you can get to supplies, you'll love Dale'z!

It's really not a bad place, nicest one in town. But that's almost as bad as bragging about having the baseball product of the year in 2009. :D

Members online