Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

on spam and spam threads

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
we are currently re thinking the way we deal with spam threads.

The mod staff led by thebeefycheddar is re writing the policies.

Auction pub will always be allowed here, but we are going to have to set some limitations because it has become a major issue.

angelsrockies4ever

Aug 7, 2008
Cool. There's 7 threads about spam on the first 5 pages, and that is just the ones with the spam avatar on it.

Edit* I honestly think we should put back the ebay spam forum, when we had that there were no problems. And I, among a few other members, enjoyed looking through member's auctions when they were in the ebay spam section.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
I don't even have a huge problem with spam if it is being discussed, but when people have got no responses to their posting of an auction and keep bumping it over and over, that becomes an issue. That was most of the board when I looked at it this morning.

angelsrockies4ever

Aug 7, 2008
cgilmo said:
I would like to use a busier forum as an acceptable place to spam

perhaps the transactions forum
Please, no on that one. I feel than everyone will be spamming their auctions, and it will become impossible to make a trade.

tonyrios

Aug 11, 2008
Brooklyn
beefycheddar said:
I don't even have a huge problem with spam if it is being discussed, but when people have got no responses to their posting of an auction and keep bumping it over and over, that becomes an issue. That was most of the board when I looked at it this morning.

How about a one bump limit on each spam post and if they don't use the icon it gets removed?
I've never made one, nor do I really care if I see them as long as the icon is there.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
angelsrockies4ever said:
cgilmo said:
I would like to use a busier forum as an acceptable place to spam

perhaps the transactions forum
Please, no on that one. I feel than everyone will be spamming their auctions, and it will become impossible to make a trade.

Yea, no spam posts in the transactions board.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
Either way is fine with me, it really doesn't affect me to skip over the spam thread's that I don't want to read but I know some other's may have a hard time with this idea. :D

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
I find if it has it own forum people will look there when looking for an auction. Leaving the "if its being discussed" rule is to easily avoided by using aim or something to tell a friend or someone to talk about it and then they bypass the rule.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
HoustonTeams4Me said:
Either way is fine with me, it really doesn't affect me to skip over the spam thread's that I don't want to read but I know some other's may have a hard time with this idea. :D

When you have to go back 2 pages to find 1 page of material to read it becomes a bit much.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
beefycheddar said:

+1...a bump limit sounds good (if you're the only one posting in your thread then you should get the message (No one is interested).

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
nyc3 said:
HoustonTeams4Me said:

When you have to go back 2 pages to find 1 page of material to read it becomes a bit much.

Wow, that's occurred on here (there's been 2 full page's of Spam, that has made it necessary for you to hit the "next" button to find non-spam post's)? :shock:

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
HoustonTeams4Me said:
beefycheddar said:

+1...a bump limit sounds good (if you're the only one posting in your thread then you should get the message (No one is interested).

I personally would like to see you can post it whenever, and then you get one bump with an hour left to the auctions. Yes sometimes like sunday nights you will see more of this, but it's ridiculous how much spam we are seeing.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
HoustonTeams4Me said:
nyc3 said:
HoustonTeams4Me said:

Wow, that's occurred on here (there's been 2 full page's of Spam, that's made you hit the "next" button to find non-spam post's)? :shock:

No what I am saying is if no spam was in this forum 1 page of readable topics wouldn't be spread over 2-3 pages.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
Finally! I can't stand these spam threads, I want to see baseball/baseball card topics...If I want to see your auctions then I will go to FCBay.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
JVC said:
I know some other sites have a 24 hour time restriction for bumping your own thread.

Honestly I think that isn't enough when you post something and no one replies to it.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
beefycheddar said:
HoustonTeams4Me said:
beefycheddar said:

I personally would like to see you can post it whenever, and then you get one bump with an hour left to the auctions. Yes sometimes like sunday nights you will see more of this, but it's ridiculous how much spam we are seeing.

I like how you're going about it, as you don't want to put too many restriction's on freedomcardboard (but as I wrote before, I am okay with it however the Mod's choose to do it as I really don't post much Spam; yet I am comfortable & competant enough to skip over the spam post's if I see fit so it's not a problem for me)... :D

Members online